| GOLF The Masters plays on. (JT tees of at 10:49AM CT Thursday)

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Birdie on 10 🐦🐦🐦🐦 He hit in the left rough on 11. he is -5

Reaction score
Round one results (many players failed to complete round 1 due to rain this AM)

Paul Casey the Man at -7

JT at -5 thru 10 holes

Tiger at -4 after his 18 holes completed.

Gonna take somewhere between 18-22 under to get the green jacket

Reaction score

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Is their early coverage before the noon EST ESPN slot?

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Our local guy is playing solid. -6 with 8 to play.

The ability to watch every shot by him is really a treat.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
-9 in tie for first place Roll Tide

Reaction score
4 Golfers tied at -9 (actually complete 2 rounds).

JT, Dustin Johnson, Cameron Smith, and Abraham Ancer

Will these guys defeat the course on Moving Day? We'll see.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Someone will considering this random note: There are 18 players within 3 shots of the lead, and 13 of them are ranked among the top 30 in the world.

There are some golfers which make it easy for fans to not like them. Take Patrick Reed as one example. His teammates accuse him of cheating while playing in college and that has followed him through his professional career. Plus, he tends to come off as a jerk when seen on TV.

Adding another to the list: Bryson DeChambeau. His meltdown a few weeks ago—caught on camera—where he 'scolded' the film crew for covering it saying "it'll damage his brand" is a good starting point. Like Reed, he comes across as an arrogant jerk. This week is no exception.

Hardly what was expected from a guy who has transformed his body into something resembling an NFL middle linebacker, who overpowered the U.S. Open field at Winged Foot to capture his first major title, who brashly set par at Augusta as 67 rather than 72.
“I can reach all the par 5s in two, no problem,” boasted DeChambeau, who has sought to normalize the idea of 400-yard drives and swing speeds that can hold their own against an Indy race car.

Did you catch that, "par is 67" for Augusta? Yes, he can reach the 5-pars in two and yes, there's a drivable 4-par. But calling that course a 67? That's arrogance met with a course with teeth. I can appreciate confidence going in and can admire guys who set goals from the first tee box but that's just reckless talk in my view.

Bryson missing the cut...by an extra 10 more shots if we go with "his par?" DeChambeau will simply be trying to make the cut when he returns Saturday morning to complete his final six holes of his second round.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I couldn't agree more with your DeChambeau comments. Him saying he sees par at 67 pissed me off a little and I just went full dislike on his arrogance at that point.

My family is from Augusta, my grandfather was an all state football and baseball player at Richmond Academy, he was there when the tournament was nothing and he was there when the tournament blew up in popularity, he knew a bunch of members, and was well respected by a number of them as well. He loved Augusta and raised me speaking of it's beauty and stories my whole life until he died in 2007. Augusta National is special to me because of those reasons, so for some reason when someone attempts to belittle the course that really has no true experience or knowledge of it, it gets me going. It's a respect thing, it's a Southern thing, it's a dang golfing thing.

A game that can bite back a million even trillion different ways. A club that takes pride in their tournament and course like no other. Members that will put you through the ringer and black ball you if you step out of line. All of these headlines about "Bryson shredding Augusta" made me laugh, because it was clearly a bunch of people that don't truly know the course and what it would do to a guy more worried about distance rather than working a ball. And a guy that was looking at more muscle over finess. I've enjoyed watching him struggle is my point. Much like Rickie Fowler learning to take his hat off as a young guy during his pressers, Bryson will hopefully learn too.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
Rahm and Tiger dying on separate holes in their own little slices of a beautiful hell

Top Bottom