• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Alabama Mike?

bamatommy

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good----Mac Jones mostly had a good day with some really good throws, Najee Harris, Jaylen Waddle

Bad---the bad is SO bad that it's ugly

Ugly---TWO pick sixes that gave Auburn fourteen points (and Bama lost by three points), defense couldn't stop Auburn most of the day, poor tackling, penalties, dumb mistakes, the missed FG with two minutes left, and the illegal substitution penalty that ended the game

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
2nd game we’ve given away on penalties and turnovers.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Good.....so pissed....nothing
Bad...our special teamscoach of the year....
Cant f**king get the right number of players out for punt return ....
Can he not count.... is this shit practiced...
Ugly...the kickng ugly bites us again .How can this happen year after year

Entity

Registered
Reaction score
Good - waddle and najee
Bad two horrible pick 6’s
Ugly penalties penalties penalties.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good We scored enough points to win most games
Bad Our defense can't stop a lionel train.
Ugly I am tired of making jokes about our kickers or apologizing for them

bamafan9201

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good - Waddle, Najee, O-line
Bad - Defense being unable to stop them enough
Ugly - Mac Jones 2 Ints and Kicking/Special teams hurting us

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
This shit was embarrassing. Can't wait to see Oklahoma drop 60 on this pile of trash defense in a bowl game that no matter cares about and half the team doesn't play in. Alabama did not deserve to win this game and 100% doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a playoff discussion. Embarrassing is the best description for this pathetic football team. Congrats Saban, you got outcoached by the biggest goof in college football. EMBARRASSING.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Good: Najee rushing the ball, Waddle everywhere

Bad: preparedness, attitude

Ugly: penalties again, defense, numbnuts moves, lack of discipline, coaching.

Unacceptable: Getting out coached and flat out beat by Gus and Coach O in the same season. it’s embarrassing. Other top teams are winning their big games today, we laid an egg.

I can’t say kicking game was bad, it was on par for the season. It’s what we expected to get from him. Can’t be surprised by his par performance.

We joined the ranks of.... Kent State, Samford, Miss State and Arky as the teams that Aubie scored over 28 on this year.

bamascw

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Yes, this game was good-bad-and fucking UGLY

Trob

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good: Waddle & Najee
Bad: Turnovers & Defense
Ugly: Lack of discipline & poor coaching

There's really no excuse to lose the game with an illegal substitution penalty. That's directly on coaching. You just came out of a timeout. Once you get the stop on third down everybody should know where to be.

That said, Mac threw two pick 6's. Both were horrible throws, we're not talking about otherwise accurate passes that were tipped or something. Nope, just terrible throws.

That said, seriously what's the damn deal with kickers and Bama? auburn got guys nailing 53 yarders out there like it's nothing meanwhile our guy struggles from the ten.

It won't get any easier from here on out either. The talent we lose will just be too much to overcome to even think about next year being a "reload" type of season. Even if that QB from Cali sticks with his commitment and is special the WR talent and depth will take a huge hit and I have a hard time seeing the defense be better. We had an easy ass schedule this year too.

Fun fact: All three Bama losses this calendar year have been to the Tigers.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good: This saved that joke of a coaches job and he will now stay at the Barn and probably get a contract extension.

Bad: Defense and FG kicker...

Ugly: The most undiscplined and lacking in fundamentals team Saban has had at Bama. He used to emphasize executing the little things with lack of turnovers and few penalties. If this team executed with any semblance of discipline this is likely a 2 TD win. 2 pick sixes and 13/14 penalties and the last one was just the cherry on top that shows how far the foundational things have eroded? Unbelievable!!!

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Dang.... Had to take a few mins to calm down lol. Here we go

Good:
-Mac Jones. He battled... Showed some great leadership & ability to overcome adversity. He had 1 bad throw and 1 bad decision with catestrophic results... but in a game like that, he could have made a lot more. He threw some dimes & stepped up big. He's got a bright future.

-Waddle. He is amazing. Been saying it for a while but he's our best all around player (without Tua). Tough to swallow that he's been off the field a lot this year, but with that group it is what it is. They're all fantastic, he's just freakishly talented.

-N. Harris. Props to this kid. In our toughest games he's the toughest competitor. All he's done is get better all season so you can see he's coachable and dependable. Likely gone after the bowl game... Hell maybe before now a days... But he was a beast today.

-Sarks play calling.... Gotta give it up, he put a lot of points on the board and had a good Auburn D off balance all night. Aside from the 1 play call, he was doing his thing.

Bad:
-The 1 play call by Sark... lol. C'mon man. 1st and goal from the 1 and we're throwing sideways passes. Me and BamaFan had it out in the thread but there are a number of reasons that was a bad idea. That was a huge turning point and unfortunately instead of minimizing mistakes, Auburn maximized the opportunity we gave them.

-The Penalties.... I can't remember if it was 12, 13, 15. Whatever it was it was ridiculous. Yes there were some questionable calls, but that's what happens on the road. You can't continuously make it harder on yourself and expect to win. Whatever was going on with Dickerson and the OL... That was a disaster. The fact that it was everyone except him makes me think he was doing something weird... but who knows... Regardless, it looked like a shit show.

-"Bend but don't break" defensive scheme at the end of the half and in the 3rd quarter. We can all blame the new age technology and rules for the 1 second put back on the clock... But how about the defense stands up and doesn't allow that drive late in the half? Too many free yards playing not to lose on that drive, as well as in the 3rd quarter when Auburn was 3rd and 24 and we allow a freebie 15 yard screen pass that results in a 44 yard field goal. Just too easy. With their kicker, you'd think our D staff would be a bit more aggressive... Not today.

-0 sacks. Or did I miss 1? I don't remember any... That's a good way to not win.

-The DB play in general... I won't say any names tonight, but there are some players that just haven't stepped up in big moments. A couple of those plays were extra frustrating tonight... Dang.

UGLY:
-Bama kickers.... Yeah, we all know. Unfortunately it appears there are no answers. Just sadness 😩

-Malzahn getting the best of Saban. Extremely painful to watch. The post game interview Gus even twisted the knife by saying something to the effect of "History repeats itself... If we kept it close, they would make enough mistakes to lose the game". Really a direct shot at Saban's team being way too undisciplined and mistake prone. Particularly in that building. I hope it stokes his fire and he gets back to actually ripping some asses... His teams seem to be better when he's mad.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Only one: Ugly. The way some of our fans act and talk shit about possibly one of the best decades of college football history by a team, WTF....embarrasing is being associated as a fan of the same team.... dayum, I swear, got some folks so damn smart, for the life of me I don't know why they're doing any kind of day job and aren't coaching... had a shitload of stuff to hit us this years before the season starts and we bitchin' cause we had a rough go.....pretty sure no other team in the country could start it off like we did and even come close to sniffing the top 25, much less be in the playoff talk. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom