| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs ut

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I don't know. Do you? I have noticed that blitz packages seem to cause even more confusion for the DB's than normal.

On the other hand, does there need to be a blitz to be QB pressure? And is that a realistic way to beat the 2 aforementioned teams?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
No. I don't know the number. I know we've seen very few this season and a lot of that is due to the learning curve (see experience) from the secondary.

In case you missed it, there are pressure packages as well as "hold your line" approaches.

On a different note, did you see how many times there were linemen and linebackers practically tackled? Quite a few. I counted at least five on Anderson alone.

(Watching the All-22 gives a unique look at the defense.)

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Saban has always preached effecting the QB. He prefers to do that with just his down lineman if possible. That is the best case scenario for a D and we have had a few in the past that could done it. Those that can't have had to rely on blitz packages which puts more pressure on the secondary. The catch 22 is that this D still needs to protect the secondary due to their inexperience.

The pass rush is definitely an area this team needs to figure out.

Last edited:

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good-Bolden being ready and doing what he is suppose to do.

Bad- Punting game

Ugly- Mental mistakes at crucial times.

Top Bottom