| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. UGA

OldPlayer

Bama Club
I don’t agree with some of y’all’s assessment of Slade. He is a steady, clutch player and rarely makes any mistakes or penalties. Y’all know that CNS wouldn’t have him on the field if he wasn’t an asset!
As a starting WR, he's not productive. Since he's not productive, he's not a threat and the defense can focus on Metchie (or his replacement) and Williams. He usually catches 1-2 passes per game and rarely gets any yards after the catch. We have backups that are catching more than one pass and they typically don't play until the second half. I'm sure he knows all the plays and what to do, but he doesn't get open.

Bammerboy321

Century Club
Good: Bryce Young and the entire unit upfront. Also the secondary and Henry To'oto'o had their best game. Battle was superb, and Hellams made back to back drive killing plays.

Bad**: Does Bill O'Brien even know what a damn screen is? Or maybe a quick slant across the middle on 3rd and short? I'm rewatching the game now and his situational playcalling is suspect at best. I still don't understand how an experienced coach doesn't see when a desperate team in the second half is likely going to send a six or even seven blitz to create a turnover or sack, yet still calls for a five or six drop back pass. That being said, he had a ballsy call for a late RPO play that was a WR screen on 3rd down that fooled Kirby. Just please BOB, adjust when the defense is blitzing. Don't just rely on Young to make incredible plays.

*Note: I don't want this to be taken as criticism to BOB. He called a good game and UGA obviously adjusted in the second half. But there's season-long issues I have with his situational play calling. But the offense has produced and just clapped the #1 defense's cheeks. So kudos to BOB and the entire staff.

Ugly: Every media head including frosty tips Kirk Herbstreit who have been openly rooting for UGA to steam roll us. Soak in that loss.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
As a starting WR, he's not productive. Since he's not productive, he's not a threat and the defense can focus on Metchie (or his replacement) and Williams. He usually catches 1-2 passes per game and rarely gets any yards after the catch. We have backups that are catching more than one pass and they typically don't play until the second half. I'm sure he knows all the plays and what to do, but he doesn't get open.

Most games I would agree with you, but he was BIG for us in the SEC Championship game. He was a steadiness we needed.

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
I agree and have spoken the same way you have, but wanted to give him some props for being there when we needed him.

I agree Bolden hasn't been that great. It's been hard transitioning from legit 3 WR threats to 2 this year. However, keep in mind Bryce is going through his progressions and if 8 & 1 are open, he's throwing to them first. In most cases, Bolden is the 3rd read, possibly even 4th. I don't think his most productive game was when the other two had decent coverage on them at times. That big 3rd down conversion throw to Bolden is a prime example.

But back to my 1st point... I'm not sure we will have a 1, 2, 3 WR reads like Juedy, Smith, Ruggs Or Smith, Waddle, Metchie ever again. We'll see though.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Bolden is there usually just to make sure another defender is tied up covering him. Occasionally they leave him uncovered long enough at the right time for him to be a target. But those have been important at times.
It would be better if he got open than just tying up a defender. He’s not a deep threat so he needs to get open underneath. The offense could be much more productive if Bolden got open and gave Bryce three passing options (or four with a RB).

Top Bottom