Reaction score
Good-
Bad-
Ugly-

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good - The second half defense, Najee, Mac, and the WR corp -- Honorable mention: Scott Cochran (if nothing else than his title). Outside of that barely missed FG, Jawja's special teams played very well. The guy gave us his heart and soul for years. Salute

Bad - First half punting and defense

Ugly - Jawja's offense in the second half...Wait, that's good! Damn good! ROLL TIDE!

We'll see these guys again in December.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Good- Mac Attach and those Three that making Mac something special!
Bad- First half Def.
Ugly- Big bad ugly is Reichard make a 52 yard FG!!

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good- OL play the entire game. They were the MVP of the game. Put up 500+ and 41 points against a talented defense. Oh and no one can cover the bama receivers.
Bad- Making Saban sit out for a few days for a false positive COVID test.
Ugly- The UGA QB in the 2nd half.

Ok since I have been hammering the D I have to give them props for a 2nd half shutout. Still a lot to clean up but give them credit!!!! Nice time to step up for sure.

Last edited:

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Good:
-Mac Jooooones. Yeah he has elite weapons, but he's putting the ball on the $. Starting to be pretty clear that he won't be around much longer
-WR's. Devonta Smith is tough as nails and always finds the ball. His decision to come back was a game changer. Waddle is simply the best weapon Saban has ever had.... Don't @ me.
-REICHARD! Had a good feeling about him. That 52 yarder was a huge momentum changer... despite almost botching the clock.
-OL - It wasn't always pretty but they won the battle. Good, consistent effort against a great opponent
-CB's - Surtain and Jobe did a fantastic job tonight. It feels like when there are big issues, it has been other guys.
-DL's knocking down balls... Those were huge plays. Couldn't get to the QB but did that extremely well tonight
EDIT: Have to add Sark's play calling. He used the Law Firm (Harris Smith & Waddle) perfectly tonight... Leaned on each one at opportune times.

Bad:
-Georgia's Quarterback.... Sorry, had to go there. He's going to hold them back. He looked way too good in the 1st half...
-The #3/#29 combo. I don't think it was a coincedence that when #9 came in, the D improved. If it's not a mental mistake it's a physical one. That being said, #29 was at least active and around the ball. And #3 caught the worst pass thrown this year in college football.
-2 short punts. He did hang one inside the 10 which was great... But we struggled in the field position battle all night.
-Mac Jones asking for a play clock reset every time it gets low is pretty annoying. It's like he doesn't understand Sark just subbed half the squad in and out and it's taking a long time. Would rather see him focus on getting everyone lined up and rolling
-Still disappointed with the pass rush. Just don't see any juice. Credit to UGA for picking up blitzes but you'd think at some point, one of these guys would make a play. It just hasn't happened

Ugly:
-The 2 dudes (Barrmore and ?) jumping offsides in an obvious alert situation. Literally a 4 point penalty
-The kickoff coverage/strategy/execution was atrocious. I know there were at least 2 guys kicking off (maybe 3), but it was a disaster all night. Even kicked one out of bounds... It was alarmingly bad.

Last edited:

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Good- Entire 2nd half performance on both sides of the ball. That was some glorious MTAQ 4th quarter carnage.

Bad- Barmore taking the bait and jumping offsides, giving UGA 7 instead of 3. [this is why he doesn't play more]

Ugly- Sometimes Saban will purposely have the kickoffs go short of the endzone, that wasn't the case tonight. We just don't have a kicker that can put it in the endzone consistently (Saban doesn't want Reichard kicking off again which is understandable). Ridiculous that we don't have some dude with a cannon for a leg that can put one out of the back of the endzone. Punting is also rather ugly, but I'll save it for next week.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Good - If the D can let the O ride ahead by 14-17, it's all good.
Bad - We just beat the #3 team by 17. Thanks goodness for a 5-11 uga QB. a 6-5 guy, not so much.
Ugly - There was a distinct skankiness in the short UGA's QB family shot. I'm just saying.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good. The field goal team did fantastic. No more Charlie Brown kicking.
1603018183894.png
Bad. Two words Najee & Waddle

Ugly. Bad calls by officials.

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Good: the post game coverage on CBS sports. They were really giving Bama high praise.

Bad: Call on the interception UGA got that even the Replay officials missed.

Ugly: the part of our kicking game putting our defense in bad field position.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Good...great team win and adjustments in second half....nick has got involvedwith D obviously

AU getting beat. TN getting blown out

bad...blown coverages....D line manhandled....damn

ugly...KO coverage...........Clemson.....

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Good: Right now, our offense is a machine....raise your hand if you thought Mac Jones would be blowing up our passing records....yeah, me neither.

Bad: (In a good way)...Our receivers are a bunch of badasses...not just catching and route running but their blocking too.

Ugly: That first half of defense was some of the worst I've seen...looked like it just carried over from the Ole Miss game....but I got to say they shored it up in the 2nd half...kudos there.

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Good: the clock-eating, hit em in the mouth, 4th quarter drive
Bad: the missing 80K in the stadium
Ugly: Me. I was nervous in the 2nd Qtr. I went a got all my Bama hats to watch the game with me. Now I have to do it every game.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

Okay, okay. I didn't say blowing up "passing records". I just said, "blowing up" and "working his way into the 1st round" as possibly the third best QB draft prospect in college football this season. It's arguable he's playing better than that.

Just as a side note for those who we see polishing Trevor's nob. In his career, Lawrence has thrown for 400+ one time in his career. Once. We've seen it three times this season alone with Mac.

Top Bottom