| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs the osu

Reaction score
Mack Jones didn't have a bad game this season and normally that would happen at some point. He is just a cool operator. I am going to Home Depot today and get me a good shovel because we're going to be digging for him come this fall.

The next time you read that Bama flipped a QB recruit from UK then make note. This one worked out strong for The King

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good: Aside from the obvious, I want to point out how happy Saban was. I think it meant the world to him for these seniors that came back and accomplished every goal they set forth. Outside of Moses I think each one of them added much more value to their name and accomplished everything they came back for. Did you see how smitten Leatherwood was with that trophy?!? Seeing a guy known for his staunch behaviors, screaming at the end of blowouts, straight face competitiveness and even keel expressions, it meant so much to me to see him smile and open up to the happiness he knew his players felt and accomplished. That's why he's the best and will continue to get the big recruits.

Bad: I felt the call on Battle was absolute garbage. How else do you hit a guy that is 6'6-250 when you're 6'1-200? It's to the point where a defense is forced to let a guy catch the ball and then you're free to tackle him. To me it was a picture perfect hit, he separated the receiver from the ball, his head was up (not down like Herbstreit kept yammering about). It's human nature to tuck when putting all your force into something. I just feel like it's impossible to play defense anymore and we will be watching flag football in years to come. Offenses are out of this world in part due to these kinds of calls that keep drives alive and offenses scoring.

Ugly: DeVonta's fingers. Hate that it happened, but glad he will be alright. Glad he was able to showcase his amazing abilities before he dislocated them. He showed up on the big stage and did enough in a half to help his team win. A true Heisman winner.

Honorable Mention: Waddle, Waddle, Waddle. Can't say enough about him. Got the offense a major first down at the beginning of the game and caught a couple more. Just the grit and desire to be with his team and finish what he helped start. All of the Tweets from "professionals" telling him to quit pissed me off because all they think about is money and not even remotely concerned about what Waddle wanted. You know what, maybe his NFL future isn't a concern of his, maybe he wanted to enjoy one night out with his boys before it ended and life became business rather than pleasure. He did what he wanted, succeeded and will always be remembered as a competitor for us Alabama fans. We love him and appreciate his efforts, BIG TIME!

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
With respect I will disagree with you on the targeting call on 9. I am not sure if you can use your shoulder pads when making a tackle in todays game but that was a real chance for 9 to level that TE had he stuck his shoulder in that belly instead of his headgear to headgear.

Last edited:

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I can see both sides, but I guess I see targeting as intent to hit with the crown of your helmet or to hit another player up in the head as he is defenseless (IE quarterback or crack back blocks). I see it as if he hits that guy in the waste, Battle gets ripped in half as that's where the meat of that guy's body is and 250-270 is going to beat 200-210 every time. I did not see it as targeting, but I'm not an official and also a fan of the guilty party, so maybe my thought process is flawed.

Skalski on Fields was targeting as he was looking at the ground and in a spearing position not looking at what he was hitting.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
And that's what I'm saying, how else do you hit a guy that is 6'6? His head snapped back, but he was hit more in the chest/neck area if I remember correctly. To me it's no different than a few hits Trevor Lawrence took when he is 6'6, tucked his head and a guy that's 5'10 gets called for targeting cause he hit Lawrence in the head after he tucked. It's just impossible. Why even wear a helmet anymore if you can't use it, responsibly. Want to cut it out, take helmets away from them and play rugby. Use your hands and you get dislocated fingers.

That looks like a clean stick and drive to me. I would be honored for my football team to form tackle like that. Watch the video. Zero launching either.

1610468668570.png

jlabit

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
From my viewpoint, it was clearly targeting. The rules suck. The rules should have permitted that bit, but it was targeting.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Looks like targeting to me. But I don’t agree with the ejection rule. Especially don’t agree with the ejection carrying to the next game if it’s in the second half.

I personally think it should be a 15 yard penalty and on second offense ejection not first offense

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I guess I was always told to bury my face in a guys chest, back straight, and thrust into them while taking them down. Looks like what happened here for the most part. He does hit his face mask that is sticking out inches from his face and it caused his head to move. Whatever, doesn't matter in the end, but I still think it was a bad call and a lot of others see it both ways as well. We won, so no need to beat a dead horse.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good: Everything on offense & most of defense

Bad: I thought Mac Jones should have won the offensive MVP. Smitty was amazing, but only played half the game. The 'O' kept pumping when he was out, and largely due to Mac Jones

Ugly: The roughing call on Barmore. Sympathy penalty... I can't stand those!

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Mike Armstrong aka Alabama Mike wearing Crimson in Ohio on Jan. 12, 2021. Roll Tide! BTW, I have lost 44 pounds since Sept. 1 but I am still a little too heavy. Working hard to fix that.

BBE95672-DEA4-4106-9BD5-E7A63FD2F3EF.jpeg

Top Bottom