| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Tennessee

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good-played poorly but won with our backup QB.

Bad- can’t tackle, cover or consistent pressure.

Ugly- Tua’s interception in the first quarter.

Last edited:

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Good- Bama WON!!

Bad- Dr. J and Mr. H. Def.?

Ugly- Tua’s lower injury?

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
good: a win over tennessee!

bad: Tua's injury

ugly: those penalties....jesus christ! can we go one damn series without a freakin' penalty?!

Trob

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good: A win is a win is a win, especially when it's over 13ennessee.

Bad: Tua's INT, don't know what he was thinking there.

Ugly: Tua's injury. High ankle sprains tend to linger.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good we won and my cigar is fantastic

Bad. Penalties but most of the pass interference would stop a touchdown so I would take the penalty.

Ugly not enough backup for Tua. We can't be a multidimensional team without other play options

Reaction score
Good.... A win, found a punter in #99.
Bad,,,#13's injury, #13 pick...the play of the entire DB's (they can't cover shit but they really do excel on penalties)
Ugly...play of #10 at QB......Hell #4,#11,and #6 wouldn't even get a spot of SportsCenter if #10 was the QB for Bama. The ILB play of #35,#36,and #8 is so average if even average.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
For crying out loud Jeremy, tell Brian not to pump fake. How the hell is Lee supposed to stop?

Brian Maurer having back to back concussions in 7 days, that's really bad. Wondering if the kid should have started this week...

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good The win, hopefully, finally found a punter

Bad Undisciplined sloppy play

Ugly Undisciplined sloppy play

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It was all fugly, but we won.
Sorry I’m not all rainbows, sunshine and puppy dogs but that I as freakin painfulllllll!

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Great- Beet the Viles by 21 even with the injury to Tua

Good- running game is improving and we only gave up 231 total yards and held UT to 13 points. Oh yeah and we have a punter.

Bad- Reichart's punt and injury. Oh yeah and field goal kicking smh.

Ugly- Tua's injury and penalties

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Good: Cheers for the walk on punter, DL play most of the game
Bad: the decision to not throw it away...that resulted in the INT
Ugly: not seeing the lights with Dixieland Delight (on TV)

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Good:
-Lewis & Jennings. Those dudes were living in the backfield last night. Pass and run. Need them both healthy for LSU... As of now that's our D's only strength
-N. Harris. That dude is starting to look like a Bama Back. I dig it
-Waddle still killing the return game. I'm thinking with Tua out they need to get him involved in the O. Some jet sweeps or some type of easy touch to get some cheap yardage. Since we aren't playing K. Robinson, it would be nice to see a speedster get the rock
-OL Play - I thought they looked pretty good yesterday in both facets. Not sure if Neal is out for a while but some other good options if needed
-The Punter Perine. HELL YES. About damn time!
-Officiating... At least for us. That personal foul was potentially game changing. Weak ass call went in our favor... Take the breaks when you can get em'

Bad:
-Penalties. The DB's are way too handsy and seemed to be surprised it's not allowed.
-DB play was bad. Surtain's penalties, as mentioned... But for Shy Carter to bite on a double move 10 yards from the goal line on in that situation was criminally bad. Mayden made a couple good plays which was a nice change, but that group needs to improve. What happened to Jobe?
-Run Defense... Combo of the DL and LB's just not meshing. Shane Lee get's blocked more than any other ILB we've had. I did like the consistent rotation though with Mathis, Young, Eboigbe, Musika all getting snaps.. It's just going to be necessary to overcome the good offenses down the line. BTW Musika has no chance to make a play... When Dale is out, it's noticeable.

Ugly:
-Reichard injury. Not sure why he was punting anyway... We need a damn kicker. The Beluvos thing is going to bite us in the ass... FML

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
The Good..the great#....the awesome.....#13 over VOLS.....thats the all of them..
2 weeks to get Tua rested.... the othe Tagavoila ready....
And Mac some snaps....
...bad..ugly....you all hit it

Reaction score
This defense is about on par with the 2007 bunch. #24 and maybe #33 are the two elite players with the rest falling into average or just good. Hell the 12rc RB's like they were out to practice early a couple of times. I would love to know what JP and his OC saw when they studied the film of Bama. It appears they saw running was the plan in addition to using #15 to attack with their passing scheme.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Fumble from UT at the goal line which sealed the game ... Lee, #35, is the guy there.
May never know but the OG pulled to the left on that play and left a gap open for Lee to penetrate on that play. If the play was intended to go outside the LT there was a hole to the end-zone. Maybe that's what Pruitt was so upset about?

A lot of people on here implying we only have two great/elite players on D. I am not one of those. We may have only 2 elite players with experience. Actually I think we have more (Sustain, Diggs to name a couple more). I think we have some great/elite inexperienced players on D that are getting better with more experience.

Statistically this was a very good game for the D. 231 total yards and 114 rushing. For me I still want the rush D to be < 100 but it was an improvement. Also, only giving up 13 points. This was a good D performance even though I still get frustrated with them on certain plays where they lose gap control or allow WR's to make catches that should be batted down.

Reaction score
Nick and staff have switched to #36 in the dime package over #35 as the lone ILB. The results last night didn't show much. One has to assume that #10 is really not bright enough to start in any package because if he can't get on the field now then he will never get a spot.

Top Bottom