| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs OM?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
1 good point,
1 bad point and
1 ugly point

alabamajack

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good: our offense and hitting all our pats. Ole Miss center's miscues
Bad and ugly: defensive scheming, tackling, pass rush, pass coverage, targeting penalty, containment

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
GOOD: M. Jones,
Bad: Def. couldn't stop anyone!
Ugly: My headache!

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Good: Offense was supposed to name their score and did. It's easy to say but not easy to do. AWesome job by them.

Bad: The 692 missed tackles, many of which were in the backfield. It was like the Ole Miss uniforms were dipped in Crisco.

Ugly: Way too much confusion and discombobulation on defense. Folks not knowing where to line up, who to cover, etc. Most of the night they were just lost in the woods.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
good: Offense.
bad: Delaying the inevitable losses that are coming. No magical fix - see the ugly
ugly: The defense. There is no stat you can find to make this defense look good. Oh and OM defense was equally pathetic.

Last edited:

bamatommy

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good—-offense AND the win
Bad—-the “fumble” at the Ole Miss one yard line
Ugly—-Pete Golding and the defense

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Good: Getting a win against a huge shot taken at us on a day that felt like Friday the 13th and Halloween at the same time and with a full moon. MAC was ice. Najee and BRob were insane. D Smith was huge! We were 9 for 9 on PATs. Stat of the game!

Bad: rhetorical... at least we can’t complain about our punting!

Ugly: every single part of defense. Tackling. Assignments. Communications. Hustle. Pressure. Penalties. Everything D related.

LSU has gotten a lot of heat today for giving up the most points in school history through 3 games. 96. We’ve given up 91. How does that rank in the history books for Bama through 3? 30 PPG is not the standard for us. Even when we take out the scores of our our normal cupcake games. Good thing is, if we keep teams at 30, I’m confident we can average 35+!

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Good: MAC jones, Dickerson, Harris

Bad: non calls on all the holding and pick plays Ole Miss was doing.
Ugly: Wright in coverage and talking as a team.

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I hate what football has become these days. And no, I don't enjoy watching shitshows like that 3-2 game Auburn had against MSU back in 2008, but holy shit the types of games you see today are an abomination to the game of football.

A good football game was like LSU vs Florida in 2007, or Alabama vs Florida in the 1992 SEC Championship Game, or Super Bowl 13 between Dallas and Pittsburgh. Games like those were suspensful as hell because they featured teams that were capable of scoring on a badass defense or stopping a high octaine offense.

Football today has degenerated into basketball on grass, and it fucking sucks. It doesn't feel special anymore to see a Bama QB (or any QB for that matter) throw for over 300 yards in an epic peformance. It doesn't feel special anymore to see a shootout anymore because they are the rule of the land now. And this is all because of these stupid fucking rules that handcuff the defenses, and while part of it is for player safety, another part of it is because the powers that be want this great game to become basketball on grass.

When the NFL changed the rules to clamp down on defenses going into the 1978 season they set the precident for the clusterfuck Big 12 shit you see today. My question is if they have the balls to fix the mess they've created in today's game? The answer is probably no, because they are a bunch of profit driven pricks who would fuck a bag of nails if it meant a game on the Nielsen Ratings went up two percentage points.

/End Rant.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Good, we can score,
Bad, we can't cover a TE or a back coming out of the backfield,
Fugly, we can't tackle.

Reminds me of a John McKay quote "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not covering well either" *changed the wording around a little

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good-we won, Mac
Bad- defense had a bad game
Ugly- yo momma’s so ugly...oops... defensive performance!!!

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Good. The score. We won with pounding offence.

Bad. Should have signals changed for defences that have previous coaches that know us.

Ugly. That targeting call. He should have knocked him out if you going to get thrown out of the game. That is going to hurt next week.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I do not disagree that some rules have opened things up and made it harder on defenses. With that said our problem was fundamentals. Hold your gap, get off blocks, fundamental tackling technique and communication. Clean that up and things improve drastically even with todays rules. What we witnessed last night was not just the changed rules.

Oh and I agree that I hate this kind of football. I prefer seeing the blood in the water type defense that attacks and you have to earn everything you get. That appears to have left T-town once we moved to the current offensive strategy and lost Smart and Pruitt. I also think some of this is misses on the recruiting trail.

A Kiffin offense is a hard prep but when you already have some of these fundamental issues it gets exposed big time. With all that said the prep for UGA will be easier for the Defense. That game will come down to our guys whipping their guys. So far I have not seen anything that makes me believe we have the horses on D to do it.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Good....a special offense for sure...and how about them extra points....yea!
Bad.....tackling
Ugly....worse prepared D since late 60s....and Nick laughing about it....
That pissed me off more than the game itself ....embarrassing
performance by a poor Dcordinator.....poorly prepared....poorly executed

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Good: All around offense.

Bad: 3rd and it don’t matter how long against our defense. Just flip out in the flats, we’ll get to you some 15 or 20 yards down the field (can’t guarantee we’ll tackle you but we’ll give you a hell of a chase).

Ugly: I now know what it feels like to be a Big 12 fan (need a shower now).

Top Bottom