| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Mercer

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Good: D was holding Mercer to 65 yards midway thru 3rd qtr before the busted coverage TD

Bad: not really bad but the +20 yards pass attempts that went incomplete in the 1st half made it crystal clear how great Mac was last year.

Ugly: special teams holding calls

Hated to See:
Will Anderson below the knee block
missed FG 3rd qtr

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Good ....win...#10 on offense getting minutes because we're going to need him
Bad...injury to #31....we must not have a backup center since #71 played with the 2nd team group
Ugly...2nd team offense and defense. This bunch needs an attitude adjustment and I better understand why Nick was on the prowl this week.
Tyson and Milroe looked like Ned in the 1st grade reader throwing the ball. We're luck #10 is calling the signals on defense instead of #8 and #42.

Glad that clusterfeck is over. The AD needs to bypass scheduling these teams going forward.

alabamajack

Sideline Club
Good ....win...#10 on offense getting minutes because we're going to need him
Bad...injury to #31....we must not have a backup center since #71 played with the 2nd team group
Ugly...2nd team offense and defense. This bunch needs an attitude adjustment and I better understand why Nick was on the prowl this week.
Tyson and Milroe looked like Ned in the 1st grade reader throwing the ball. We're luck #10 is calling the signals on defense instead of #8 and #42.

Glad that clusterfeck is over. The AD needs to bypass scheduling these teams going forward.

Just my opinion, but you use your star players very sparingly in these games if at all

mando

Sideline Club
Good- Bama Won

Bad- Not playing up to the Bama standard. Team is up and down on both sides. I am sure it is due to experience and trying to develop depth but Saban has been and continues to warn everyone.

Ugly- Injury to Anderson. Hope it is not serious as Suttles is reporting but just to close for comfort. Will hold my breath until I hear it from Saban.

Last edited:

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Good- 1st team defense showed up and handled business.

Bad- Lethargic on offense at times, and it spread to the whole team in the 2nd half.

Ugly- 95 penalty yards.

For those wondering about Will Anderson, it sounds like a bullet was dodged. After the game it was being treated as a very slight sprain and hyperextension, pending MRI.

jlabit

Extra Point Club
The good: First half defense
The bad: Second half defense
The ugly: Injury to Will Anderson

I hate these games. They do nothing for us except let the backups have some playing time. Without fail, we get someone hurt playing them.

doemasters

The Rowdy One
Ivory Club
The worst thing for me as a fan was the line to get into the game, I always go to the Elephant Stomp and have plenty of time to get in but I was line for over 45 minutes and missed kickoff

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Good:
-BRob handing his biz like a grown man
-JoJo's role expanding - Including punt returns
-Starting D, including 2 first time starters at CB, did their thing
-Appeared to avoid serious injury issues
-LB Play.... Those 2 dudes together are a great match... And they were thumping

Bad:
-Penalties

Ugly:
-Miscommunication on deep balls