| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Jimbo and The Aggies

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Ugly- lack of intensity, lack of focus e we hitch resulted in dropped passes, blown coverages, missed lane assignments on kick coverages, etc!! CNS has been saying this shit all year and no one wanted to hear it!! Maybe this slap in the face will wake them up. Maybe a good ass chewing by Coach on players and several coaches will have the desired effect and everyone will pull their head out of their ass and get dialed in.

"I think this is a dangerous game. It's a trap game for us. We had kind of an emotional game last week. There was kind of a lot of emotions involved in all the relationships leading up to that game. Now you're playing a team that's lost a couple of games that nobody thought they would lose. But what people have to remember is that they have a young quarterback. This guy is inexperienced. That's probably caused them some issues in terms of their consistency on offense. The rest of their team is as good as anybody's team in the country. They're fifth in the country in defense. Only give up 12 points a game. They've got a great front seven. They've got capable players"

-Nick Saban, earlier this week. Words have meaning.

I will say, I've heard numerous players over the years say that Saban is usually much harder on them after wins than he is after loses. Often times, the "I told you so..." talk is how it goes, and the loss stings the players more than his words would. If at any time he thinks his team is losing confidence he will build them back up.... but, if the team is still sleep walking in the clouds, he will light them up and bring them back down. I bet we will find out this week on Monday and/or Wednesday when he speaks to the press which one it is by his tone and words.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Ugly:
-The 3 passes on 1st and goal was criminal. TAMU defense was gassed. That was so disappointing

At that point in the game, and also later in the 4th when the Aggie defense was on worn down, I would have much rather seen Milroe out of the Wildcat with his speed than some of the things they called. IMO, it would have been a MTAQ moment(s). At the very least though, keep feeding Brain Robinson...

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
At that point in the game, and also later in the 4th when the Aggie defense was on worn down, I would have much rather seen Milroe out of the Wildcat with his speed than some of the things they called. IMO, it would have been a MTAQ moment(s). At the very least though, keep feeding Brain Robinson...
Milroe... Great point. Maybe something to use going forward.

The RZ was a struggle tonight, just couldn't finish drives. Nothing ever felt comfortable in this game

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
I'm going half glass full this morning.

Good -
1) It hasn't yet, but I'm sure the sun will rise today.
2) Saban's message for his team to remember the game and why it happened. This year can go better or worse. I think better.
3) We've got'em just where we want'em.

Bad - drops and that doggone kickoff return.

Ugly - pass protection.

RTR,

Tim

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
again...you guys watched the game and sawthe G, B, n U...

The dropped passes....hard to take after last few years with our receivers....
The blizing and not gettingto QB...leaving middle of field open...over n over
Came back in game....had a chance....with all the errors....but ...dropped pass

Really.....hard to take...but going undefeated is so difficult in SECw...and being bama and making everyones "makes our season " game ....

Roll Tide

64Tide

Registered
Good, Saban vs assistants streak is over, win streak vs unranked over. Time to start on new streaks…
Bad, team loss as all 3 phases did their part to keep TAM in game
Ugly, dropped passes, bad throws, horrible pass defense (did we ever break a pass up), wasted red zone opportunities

Thought I was watching rerun of 2010 vs SC game…apparently Saban only good for 19 wins in a row. What really matters is what the team does with this loss, as Coach Bryant used to say, “if it means something the players, they’ll get better, and if they don’t, it doesn’t matter anyway”.

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
The Good - Robinson was awesome. It's blaringly obvious that he is a Super Senior. Also, it was nice to see our team mount the comeback & take a lead & not rollover. Slight improvement on OL penalties after the noise of the Swamp.

The Bad- This team, for the most part is inexperienced & immature. There are countless instances that show this. We mail it in when playing away. That's just immaturity. This simple truth is why I do not think we have a chance at winning the SEC. Bryce Young is a baller for sure but it became very clear that he can be rattled. But he can only do so much though.

The Ugly-
-DB's & WR's bumping into each other during routes & formations. Embarrassing.
-LOS were as ADD as my 14 year son. Very sporadic & inconsistent. DL was playing the swinging gate defensive scheme the first half & the OL almost got their QB injured not picking up their assignments. Thank God Young can move.
-ILB's are lost. They don't hit their gaps right on runs & can't cover decently. Let's admit it... Golding is still here because he can recruit. That's it. He might be making the right calls during the game but it is NOT translating to execution on the field. That's on him. Any notion of our LB's ever being a Butkus candidate are flat out done unless proven otherwise.
-DB's were just going through the motions all game long. Should have been a sign when Moore got that stupid ejection penalty. All if was just stupid, lost-looking execution.
-Kyle Field amped up like it was last night, is a gnarly-a$$ place to play. This team got a real education about the rolling-your-helmet-on-the-field-equals-win mindset.

Inconceivable -
-Officiating was as bad as I have seen it. Hell they weren't even consistent calling for a particular team. We got the bi-Polar crew for this game & they must of all done a line a crack before it started. They must of realized at half time they didn't take their meds so they chased it down w/ some 5 hour energy/tequila combo. I can't recall a single game to have targeting penalties returned that were blatant but the first one was barely reviewed...
-I was jaw-dropped, flabbergasted, that after the end-zone INT, & how we were actually running the ball, along with how many plays we had against A&M, that we didn't run a single run play inside the 5 OR during our last possession. All those plays stopped the clock & gave their defense a chance to recover. Do we not have a jumbo package? We should been able to at least attempt impose our will & run the dang ball!!!

Last edited:

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Good: Young took advantage of running space and picked up valuable yards. The team didn’t quit.

Bad: Young’s passing was inconsistent. While he made a few good throws, too many were too high, too low, too long or too short.

Ugly: Pass blocking. Tackling. Slade Bolden: for a starting receiver to only have two catches in the entire game. . . Nobody covers the RB coming out of the backfield.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Before we tie Golding to the tracks, remember who is the lead recruiter for Manning. Maybe we make him a recruiter only!

Let’s not forget A&M 4 sacks, Bama 0. And they had at least 2 freshman O linemen and a backup QB. 🤷🏻

Who cares if Arch comes to Tuscaloosa! I'd love to have him, but not at the expense of improving our entire defense for years to come. We won a National Championship with Jacob Coker, so we don't need every great quarterback to come out of high school to succeed. Alabama has never been starved of a good recruiter. I don't think either of those are the reason to keep or demote a guy just to keep him.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Bad - Play calling. QB play not up to BY's standard. OL line not picking up the blitzes. DB coverage.

These are all just opinions, so none are right or wrong. I will say, on Bryce, it appeared he had a bit of a tough night... but I think you hit on 2 of the bigger reasons for that with the play calling and the OL struggling in pass protection. Still, Bryce looked like he missed some reads and had trouble with some stuff, but that's to be expected... still was just his 6th career start. But, I think overall, he played well. Looked like O'Brien was forcing the ball downfield too much, and there didn't appear to many calls to combat the constant blitzing. Also had some key drops... the one by Latu in the end zone was a kick to the nuts.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Good: I'm not hungover

Bad and Ugly: gonna lump this together....I cant seem to figure out when a team blitzes us its usually a sack or intentional grounding, we blitz and it looks like we hit a brick wall and how the hell do you leave one of the largest players on the field wide open numerous times, it's not like you cant see the guy running down the field.

Man... You ain't lying! There's 1 guy in particular that when he blitzes, it's like he melts into the offensive line. Almost uncanny!

Probably a combo of that being a legit skill and needing to have some more dynamic/creative schemes... Maybe the timing of when to call them... But yesterday was not a good day for blitzing. Mentioned it in the other thread - 0 sacks and 0 QB hurries. Not sure I've EVER heard of that in an entire football game!

Davestwin

Sideline Club
Good- B Rob!

Bad- take your pick!!

Ugly- lack of intensity, lack of focus e we hitch resulted in dropped passes, blown coverages, missed lane assignments on kick coverages, etc!! CNS has been saying this shit all year and no one wanted to hear it!! Maybe this slap in the face will wake them up. Maybe a good ass chewing by Coach on players and several coaches will have the desired effect and everyone will pull their head out of their ass and get dialed in.
I agree but Saban and his coaching staff got flat out coached too. It’s not often that’s the case but it was last night.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
I agree but Saban and his coaching staff got flat out coached too. It’s not often that’s the case but it was last night.

Fisher and Dan Mullen are two peas in the same pod in a lot of ways. Both can be top shelf offensive game planners when they don't outsmart themselves. Both can tap into the potential of lesser talented QB's at times. And while both can absolutely lay some rotten eggs on gameday, they also have a tendency to lay a few golden ones as well.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
Milroe... Great point. Maybe something to use going forward.

The RZ was a struggle tonight, just couldn't finish drives. Nothing ever felt comfortable in this game

The thing is, though, as bad as it was it felt self inflicted. You're averaging like six yards per carry, the ball at like the 2 and you throw three straight passes? Several other third-and-short situations we passed out of too. It was like Young's fumble on that first one in the first quarter made BOB gun shy, which cannot happen. At the very least on that goal line situation you just pound it four straight times and say "stop it if you can." I would have felt better about that than three straight passes and a FG, honestly.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
Man... You ain't lying! There's 1 guy in particular that when he blitzes, it's like he melts into the offensive line. Almost uncanny!

Probably a combo of that being a legit skill and needing to have some more dynamic/creative schemes... Maybe the timing of when to call them... But yesterday was not a good day for blitzing. Mentioned it in the other thread - 0 sacks and 0 QB hurries. Not sure I've EVER heard of that in an entire football game!

To'o To'o and Sanders might as well just take a knee every time a blitz with one of them is called, same effect.

Top Bottom