FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Arkansas St.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Good- Watching three QBs play today!

Bad- O/L not holding up to keep the QB safe!

Ugly- The kicker now that is U-G-L-Y!!

bamatommy

Verified Member
Good----57 points, excellent QB play, lots of good offensive playmakers did well, Bulovas did well as the relief kicker

Bad----Arkansas State had way too many big plays, OL underwhelmed, our pass rush was basically non-existent

Ugly----Our first placekicker missed two PATs

Ark St had 9 defenders within 5 yds of the LOS for much of the game. Tua will destroy a team that tries to do that for 4 quarters.

sk33tr

el jefe
HARRY'S
good: nice win, lots of playing time for 2s and 3s

bad: 1st pk (SO glad they switched to the guy who does the kickoffs)

ugly: some of the o-line play; not giving enough time for the qb(s)

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Good : was the q.v. play and the Wide Recievers.

Bad: was the refusal of the refs to call holding on Arkansas state wide receivers

Ugly: was the lines of scrimmage. We are soft on both lines. Unless they get a lot better very fast we have zero chance to beat Auburn, Clemson or Georgia. We may lose 2 or 3 games this year.

Sucks we have great skill players and now our O-line is soft like a popcorn fart

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Good - Jalen and Tua were incredible. Tua was almost as good as last week but he did have a couple of bad decision/throws. Jalen looked equally as stellar and so, so much more confident/comfortable than last week. His bad decision was the fumble where he should have just taken the 1-2 yard gain instead of trying to do the Superman dive.

Defense was excellent again except for a cpl of miscommunications in the secondary again this week. That has to be cleaned up but those guys are young.

Those receivers are unreal and the running backs were awesome, too.

This offense may legit hang 70 on Ole Miss.

Bad - Offensive line had some communication issues again this week, like the secondary. That has to be cleaned up.

Ugly - Austin Jones was absolutely horrific. Two missed PATs... IN A ROW. That is inexcusable and I just dont see how he will ever get back on the field after the last two weeks.

Bad: was the refusal of the refs to call holding on Arkansas state wide receivers

Ugly: was the lines of scrimmage. We are soft on both lines. Unless they get a lot better very fast we have zero chance to beat Auburn, Clemson or Georgia. We may lose 2 or 3 games this year.

Sucks we have great skill players and now our O-line is soft like a popcorn fart
Did you even watch the game? Our lines are not soft and we are CLEARLY the best team in the country and it ain't close. Even Chiz said this may be the best Bama team EVER and he is not a Bama fan.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S
Good- 57 points and almost 600 yards of offense. Defense gave up some yards but never the huge bonehead plays. Cleaned up penalties.

Bad- Armor-Davis getting hurt in pre game warmups!

Ugly- the HEAT!!! Damn it was hot! I stayed until the end but I also doubled as a camel at the water station too!!! At least 4-5 people in my near vicinity needed paramedics to attend to them. I imagine that number had to be in to 20’s or even 30’s for those poor souls in the East stands or aka HELL!

Good - The offensive production is through the roof. Nice to see all these phenom recruits being able to play off each other... Everyone has to be respected which opens up the entire field.

Tua is just amazing. Yes he had the 1 terrible throw... But the other plays he makes are going to overcome the rare negatives. What's most impressive to me are the subtle moves he makes in the pocket, then his ability to throw accurately when off balance. He's just special

WR's & backup kicker were good today as well.

Bad - Is there really anything bad in a 50 pt win? I'll go with some question marks...

The DL. No one besides Quinnen Williams has flashed. Thought Davis and Buggs may have more dominant moments, but we're only 2 games in. LABRYAN RAY - Where the hell is he? He has to be in some type of doghouse. Yeah he played some mop up snaps but he had a bigger role last year despite being further down the depth chart. Not sure what's going on there.

Secondary - Same question marks we've had going into the season... So not a huge surprise. Savion Smith looks the part and is a great athlete, just not sure how sticky his coverage is going to be. Shy Carter doesn't have the physicality that our former Star studs have had... And McKinney is missing something. Again, as expected.

Really, the whole defense is just missing that "it" factor. Kind of a combo of physicality & experience. Obviously there should be some seasoning with each game. Hoping there is a swagger sooner than later, but not sure where it's going to come from. Would be nice to see something from the OLB's... They are supposed to be making plays!

Ugly - Pre game injury, starting kicker, and goal line fumble. All things that have solutions.

RTR

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
HARRY'S
Good - Looks like CNS is still running the program in spite of "insider info" to the contrary.

Bad - the time it takes to get off a punt. Or at least it seems slow to me.

Ugly - two consecutive failed attempts for the PAT. Bummer.

jdpas29

Verified Member
The good - (sorry this is going to the rather long). Skill players on offense and special teams with exception of kicking. Our RBs are unreal. Damien Harris is 2 steps faster than ever. Moves more like Jacobs now. Both QBs played very well. Not sure what got into Hurts but he took more chances with the ball and they paid off. He also looks a step faster than I’ve ever seen him. Seems to have slimmed down in his legs a bit. Winner. Secondary is playing better than I expected and have good skills for the int.

The bad - missing extra points and maybe no depth at PK. Biggest concern is the offensive line pass blocking in particular. A really good defensive line will cut Bama’s production in half.

The ugly - the hit on Hurts up high. Not sure why that wasn’t targeting. I guess since he left the ground?!

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby

Did you even watch the game? Our lines are not soft and we are CLEARLY the best team in the country and it ain't close. Even Chiz said this may be the best Bama team EVER and he is not a Bama fan.
Sometimes you can see more when you are there. Tua was under duress against Ark State can you imagine what Auburn’s or Clemson’s d line will do? We struggled to run it the way we wanted to.

The D-line got almost no pressure, and they ran it well against us. We just aren’t as good as we have been on the line and leatherwood is a swinging gate

Good.....Going out and scoring early back to back was great. Arkie Lite still continued the fight. They can throw it around the park for sure.

Bad...Our 1st team was playing late in the 3rd qtr on defense because our down the line players aren't good enough to stop State. Any injury is a bad but this bunch needs some injury luck going forward and for sure on defense.

Ugly....the punter and the protection is going to lose Bama a big game. I am puzzled in how in the hell this punter was signed by Nick and staff. I bet a dollar you can stand him on the 50 and will NOT punt the ball into the endzone 6 of 10 times. Bama is now using a different punt protection scheme that before and it looks poor with a couple of punts nearly blocked yesterday.

and this Ole Miss game is going to tell is a lot about this bunch.....we might not like some of what we learn as well

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
HARRY'S

Sometimes you can see more when you are there. Tua was under duress against Ark State can you imagine what Auburn’s or Clemson’s d line will do? We struggled to run it the way we wanted to.

The D-line got almost no pressure, and they ran it well against us. We just aren’t as good as we have been on the line and leatherwood is a swinging gate
I think ASU is bigger and better than Louisville. I’ll bet both lines grade out better this week than last.

Yeah, there were some miscues and missed assignments but I was pleased with how we dominated the game, especially in the first half. Except for our kicking game, we improved a lot from our first game to our second.

Top Bottom