| OT The exchange between Sen. Hawley and ESPN's reporter Adrian Wojnarowsk (and comments by Forde) demonstrate how little they care about human rights.

17Champs

Century Club
Reaction score
A simple request and a discussion that is long overdue.

And how does Wojo respond? With a FU apparently from his work email address. Wojo walks it back, Forde supports the disrespect and lack of professionalism..

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
To expand on what Plano said... the last 4 years, the masks have really come off the sports media. I follow dozens of national, state, and local sports media blue checks on Twitter and while there were always some hints here and there at their SJW peddling, it wasn't all that prevalent with most of them. Now? It's every day a lot of these folks feel like we give a shit what they think about politics. They may get challenged from a select few, but mostly it's just members from their own ostrich brigade echoing their often times unhinged comments and opinions in their mentions. Most rational folks who do disagree, do so silently, knowing that any public rebuttal will get them labeled as a [insert offensive group name here]. There's no group of people who takes themselves more seriously than "journalists" as a whole, not even politicians IMO. And there's an unwritten rule that as a "journalist", you best not attack a fellow "journalist", especially a female, and especially in the sports world. You do that, and you'll be lucky to survive the onslaught of white knights.

The main problem with all of it, to me, is the hypocrisy. The China stuff is a great example. The media swells with pride when they get a chance to echo folks like Lebron and Steve Kerr and their thoughts on human rights, but don't hold them accountable when they bend their knees to China. We saw the same stuff with Drew Brees. The media acted like he'd committed the worst sin possible, which to them maybe it is, showing love for the country and flag. They tore him to pieces. This week when DeShaun Jackson is out there quoting Fake Hitler, it's silence. "Well, DeShaun's a good guy who has done a lot for local communities, we should cut him some slack.." Drew Brees helped rebuild New Orleans and they tried to run him out of the league. The examples go on and on, but it's tiresome. Personally, I can't wait for that slow burn on the media landscape to swallow these folks up for good. A season without football will only speed that burn up.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I am seeing reports of Wojo being suspended...

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Ok exactly what did he say? I see the senators post and his apology but nothing about what he said. Time for google:).

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Nba.... its not interesting....
Cant see why people watch...
And they all think they are the social callings of others

Top Bottom