| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : OU hires Venables / Mario leaves Oregon for Miami

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Tucker may be an excellent coach one day, but “What in the Hell has he proven to garner an $8million+ contract?” Seriously? I’d like to know.

I am in agreement with you. I bet the brass loved that Playoff appearance under Dantonio. and saw the money and attention it brought, so the fact they're sniffing it right now makes them wanna leap.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club

It's that time of year when Jimmy Sexton does Jimmy Sexton things then relaxes in his vault...

uncle-scrooge-mcduck-money.gif

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
A lot of fans would not be disappointed if they stole him away. But I thought he was committed to 2 years at the Capstone.
Contracts are made to be broken. I think those who want him gone are uninformed and aren't fully considering the generational players we lost last year. Mac set records for accuracy, Najee's ability to run-catch-vault is legendary, Devonta's speed and hands won him/and us a trophy, and Waddle has that Palmer/Prothro/Javy combination of vision-quickness-acceleration. You just can't replace all of that.

bama alum

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
Nomad… I wonder what his end goal is.

If he's at Miami, he's back in south Florida where Joey Freshwater had a blast. He's also in a much better place (sooner than Ole $i$$) to win a conference championship.

That said, if Miami doesn't offer a hefty salary to Mario Cristobal to come back home, then it's even harder to take da u too seriously (at all).

Rolltide24

Century Club
I hear you. But moving around so much, he must have some type of longer term goals, right? He’s had what, 5 head coaching jobs in the last 12-13 years? Plus an OC job. That’s a lot of fits and starts. UT, USC, Raiders, FAU, Ole Miss

Top Bottom