| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : Mason leaving Auburn for Oklahoma State

TerryP

Ivory Club
That group of receivers are rich & successful after being on that Championship team, using that offense, as a hugely successful springboard. Coaches mouthing at players and vice versa isn't necessarily a problem - Confrontation can be positive. The results of that group with that Coach apparently supports that notion.
That group of receivers didn't make a bowl game.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Correction: Has BOB decided to give up his job to a coach that will call better playcalling for 2022 season?

I didnt care for the play calling inside 10 either....Saban could have trumped it..n didnt... so that was their plan...

But team averaged 40+ points a game..nicely developed a first time QB ...
And a nice offense I thought......

You know...they made catches in first game vsUGA....the dropped passes in second game vs UGA... ( plus has fg blocked)

thats the difference in the 2 games

I hope he comes back n works more with BY

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
I didnt care for the play calling inside 10 either....Saban could have trumped it..n didnt... so that was their plan...

But team averaged 40+ points a game..nicely developed a first time QB ...
And a nice offense I thought......

You know...they made catches in first game vsUGA....the dropped passes in second game vs UGA... ( plus has fg blocked)

thats the difference in the 2 games

I hope he comes back n works more with BY

I hope he doesn't. Let's see.. predictable play calling... stubborn with in game adjustments.. has a bad habit of going away from what was working in the game... likes to throw in redzone offense. WR didn't create seperations in the offense he ran..... He's a good coach, just not a good fit with BY. Needs someone who can elevate him to new level.

bamafan9201

Sideline Club
My issues with BoB were either "Obvious Playcalling" where he called obvious plays all game and just let our talent beat people. Then the other issue was when he was mixing it up and doing exotic things 20-20 he was amazing. Then suddenly inside the redzone he'd get too crazy with it and put us in negative yardage situations instead of staying on schedule he'd try some crazy deep ball fade and then a deep post middle only to try some other 7-8 yard route on 3rd and 10 instead of just getting the 5-6 yards on 2nd or 1st and making it manageable. I'm all for taking shots here and there but back-to-back shots while in the Red Zone can live and die by luck at that point since the balls are called 50/50 balls for a reason.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
JMO but that will be a Nick Saban decision more than Bill's. Could be two weeks away from learning which way this will go.

I don't believe that is the case. O'Brien has told people that he doesn't want to leave Tuscaloosa right now unless it is for what he considers a perfect situation. I think the Jags fit that, he's obviously interested in it. He interviewed yesterday, and folks in Agent Land believe he's the most likely hire. The GM is pushing for him (but the GM Baalke also the same guy that talked them into hiring Urban, so his opinions may carry a bit less weight with Khan after that disaster). There's also some other coaches in the mix as well. A wild card in his favor is the fact that Marrone is still respected by Khan and some Jags front office folks, and he's given them good reviews on O'Brien. Marrone wants to get back to the NFL badly, and would supposedly be fine with going back to Jacksonville under him.

I had read somewhere that Sal Sunseri might retire. He's got a lot to work with 41 and 15.

That rumor has been floating around. Personally I haven't heard it from anyone I normally hear stuff from, but that doesn't mean anything. It is out there though, with some whispers that he might move to an off the field spot as well.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
I hope he doesn't. Let's see.. predictable play calling... stubborn with in game adjustments.. has a bad habit of going away from what was working in the game... likes to throw in redzone offense. WR didn't create seperations in the offense he ran..... He's a good coach, just not a good fit with BY. Needs someone who can elevate him to new level.
But those were plays working in practice!

Also dealing with an offense down receivers...RBs...OLine...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
I don't believe that is the case. O'Brien has told people that he doesn't want to leave Tuscaloosa right now unless it is for what he considers a perfect situation. I think the Jags fit that, he's obviously interested in it. He interviewed yesterday, and folks in Agent Land believe he's the most likely hire. The GM is pushing for him (but the GM Baalke also the same guy that talked them into hiring Urban, so his opinions may carry a bit less weight with Khan after that disaster). There's also some other coaches in the mix as well. A wild card in his favor is the fact that Marrone is still respected by Khan and some Jags front office folks, and he's given them good reviews on O'Brien. Marrone wants to get back to the NFL badly, and would supposedly be fine with going back to Jacksonville under him.

One thing I should have added on this... the Jags locker room was left with a lot of negativity from Meyer's short tenue. It didn't take Urban long to poison the well there. Word is, one of the big things the owner Khan is wanting, is a coach who can clean that up and make the environment positive again, from top to bottom. That isn't really O'Brien's style. In fact, his rep is that he's a pretty difficult guy to work for and to play for, though certainly not at the level of Urban or some others. But, it could possibly hurt him with this opportunity.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
So, I see this:

Gaby Urrutia is reporting that Saban is interested in T. Robinson , but he's keeping his options wide open.
Saw this on the Bama rant

quote:

We've heard Nick Saban has cast a wide net for Alabama's cornerbacks coach opening, and Travaris Robinson is a name to watch. Karl Scott is another. However, there aren't a lot of other names out there, with sources stating Saban is being thorough -- talking to several candidates and is in no rush. Also, he's recruiting. He was in Louisiana today.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Saw this on the Bama rant

quote:

We've heard Nick Saban has cast a wide net for Alabama's cornerbacks coach opening, and Travaris Robinson is a name to watch. Karl Scott is another. However, there aren't a lot of other names out there, with sources stating Saban is being thorough -- talking to several candidates and is in no rush. Also, he's recruiting. He was in Louisiana today.
Are these two on the list to replace the one that with to the Sooner?

Top Bottom