| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : Chris Kiffin back to Ole Miss? (co-DC role.)

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
Just out of curiosity I guess, but of out of all the coaches that have changed schools, which one do you think will have the quickest turnaround and secondly, suppose Alabama was looking for a coach. Which one do you think would have been the best choice
I honestly think Kelly will do good at LSU.

If Saban retired today I’m not sure I see a coach that I’d want, Matt Rhule if we could convince him to leave his NFL gig

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
I honestly think Kelly will do good at LSU.

If Saban retired today I’m not sure I see a coach that I’d want, Matt Rhule if we could convince him to leave his NFL gig

Paul Johnson is available. According to a former poster, we weren't getting our money's worth from Saban and Paul Johnson was one of the best coaches in America...

TerryP

Ivory Club
The effect of Mario's move from Oregon to Miami is its created a modern day Donner Party within the Auburn base (boosters, fans, administration, media, and the like.)

If it hasn't passed it already it's neck and neck with something we saw a few years ago where Texas web sites were creating their own news in regard to Saban taking the Longhorns job. (They report it, then refer to themselves as "sources.")

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
The effect of Mario's move from Oregon to Miami is its created a modern day Donner Party within the Auburn base (boosters, fans, administration, media, and the like.)

If it hasn't passed it already it's neck and neck with something we saw a few years ago where Texas web sites were creating their own news in regard to Saban taking the Longhorns job. (They report it, then refer to themselves as "sources.")
I love Venables' rationale for not taking the aubrun job. If only Harsin had known what happens to coaches' daughters down there.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Crimson Tide Club
Paul Johnson is the perfector of the triple option. I liked him back in the day when our only option was Rich Rod. We made many bone headed choices before CNS.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Paul Johnson is the perfector of the triple option. I liked him back in the day when our only option was Rich Rod. We made many bone headed choices before CNS.
Oh, he had a knack of winning in unwinnable situations, and the other way around. DABaxter's love affair with Johnson, changing to white helmets and crimson pants, and Coach Saban to Texas are three of our longest running urban legends around here.

Regarding Johnson, he's not much different from Malzahn where his players learn an offensive system that is so out of step with most colleges and all in the NFL that it stunts his players' development. GaTech was hell on wheels with cut blocks and wheel routes.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Think any of these coaches (looking at Diaz) come in as analysts?
There have been times when ex-coaches visit during this time of the year to provide some perspective and possibly come aboard later. There have been rumors that some have already been seen there (Mullen?) but I haven't heard anything concrete.

Here was an article way back on Kiffin and how Saban routinely has folks in.

TerryP

Ivory Club
FGA9MhhWUAwCSSi

Top Bottom