| FTBL The bronze elephant statue that's been at North River is headed to Bryant Denny Stadium.

TerryP

Ivory Club
It would go on the northwest side of the stadium in the vicinity of the corner of University Boulevard and Wallace Wade Avenue. UA will construct a 6-foot, 4-inch precast pedestal for Tuska with a paver apron surrounding it.

elephant-3a.jpg

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Do you think anybody will take a picture with the statue? Which statue will win most photos in the first year? Elephant, Bryant or Saban?

The elephant is really neat, but since it will be out of the foot traffic flow for many fans, I'd say the coaches statues would win out. I'm older, but I'd think the Saban/Bryant statues would be about equal.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Do you think anybody will take a picture with the statue? Which statue will win most photos in the first year? Elephant, Bryant or Saban?

The elephant is really neat, but since it will be out of the foot traffic flow for many fans, I'd say the coaches statues would win out. I'm older, but I'd think the Saban/Bryant statues would be about equal.
How does one go about getting that picture? A decent one, ya know?

Think about this. It's on a 6' pedestal and the elephant is 30' tall. How far do you have to get away from the statue in order to get the people and the entire statue in the frame? @doemasters To me it seems you'd be so far away there is no way to avoid getting all the other fans in the same snapshot. Why would anyone want that? 🤷‍♂️

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club

Think about this. It's on a 6' pedestal and the elephant is 30' tall. How far do you have to get away from the statue in order to get the people and the entire statue in the frame? @doemasters To me it seems you'd be so far away there is no way to avoid getting all the other fans in the same snapshot. Why would anyone want that? 🤷‍♂️
All the Instagram model wanna bees I’ve seen lately take their photos with their cameras on the ground facing up. Must be the new perspective that’s in. Hard to catch the entire 30+ foot behemoth in the shot but might get a nice one here and there.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club

You know some idiots will climb it and do whatever they can to get a good selfie or Instagram worthy shot.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
@OldPlayer giving my question even more substance. Where do they stand to take the picture? In the middle of the street? I don't see them moving the trees.

Wallace Wade is always blocked on game days. Most of University Blvd is also blocked on game days. Worst case: you stand in front of the elephant and your picture taker stands across the street and zooms in. As for the trees/bushes, I'm betting they are removed to put the pedestal in. Worst-worst case: I'll take your picture so you don't have to worry about traffic.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Wallace Wade is always blocked on game days. Most of University Blvd is also blocked on game days. Worst case: you stand in front of the elephant and your picture taker stands across the street and zooms in. As for the trees/bushes, I'm betting they are removed to put the pedestal in. Worst-worst case: I'll take your picture so you don't have to worry about traffic.
I was talked about foot traffic while referencing standing in the street; the number of people between the photographer and the statue.

"Here's a picture of Bryant and Sarah in front of the statue...they're right behind that guy in black and you can see the top of Sarah's head."

OldPlayer

Bama Club
I was talked about foot traffic while referencing standing in the street; the number of people between the photographer and the statue.

"Here's a picture of Bryant and Sarah in front of the statue...they're right behind that guy in black and you can see the top of Sarah's head."

Depending on how it’s mounted, you’ll probably be able to get a picture from the stadium side of the corner.