| FTBL The ALWAYS too early GUESSTIMATION Depth Chart for 2020

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The good thing to see, IMO, is that with several skipping the draft, we have many talented players returning for another year at the Capstone.

kbama15

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the new Defensive players coming in. Should be a fun spring! Roll Tide!

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
A couple of dominate lineman , is that to much to ask ..A return to the norm.

I would give up this high flying offense for a dominate defense. It is so disheartening to see teams go up and down the field and treat 3rd and long like a prelude to a first down .

Is this defense a direct Correlation of our offense? It seems as though most teams that are “air raid “ suffer from this .

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I don't think it really cost us by not tackling Receivers. It protects both players ( Receiver and Defender) from getting hurt, making unnecessary play. You can teach tackling without having to throw them to the ground. Wrap your arm around the person when tackling. That's easy. They just have to make sure they follow though. Missed Tackles wasn't the result of non-contact practice. They go hard every Wednesdays during the season. Missed tackles were result of poor coaching or lack of awareness from a player.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
For most practices, especially once the season starts, Alabama hasn't tackled to the ground for years - long before Saban. Yes, there are tackling drills but when running plays, the objective is to get the timing of the play down, not see if/how the defense can tackle somebody.

The 1s on offense and defense don't always go against each other. That's why there's a scout team.

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Football is a full contact sport. Every defender has to have the heart, toughness and desire to take down a ball carrier with all the force he can muster. I'm not talking about running in to somebody or diving at and bouncing off a ball carrier or running up to them and try to wrestle them down, I'm talking about sure enough take that ball carrier to the ground full force, so he will remember you next time he sees you coming.

Reaction score
The 2019 version of Bama was the worst tackling team that I recall. Then again I am only 69. Somebody allowed bad habits to become the norm as far as tackling. Saban keeps up with the gross amount of missed tackles so maybe this year he will do something about his stats.

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Just saw the article...damn! we are loaded on offense again next season. I’m not worried there. Defense? Nope not worried there either. Why? Basically what you guys have been reiterating in recent threads: CNS is going to improve the DL, the huge OJT the 2 freshman LB’s just went thru, and continuity on the DC front.

Oh, JWTW tackling was iffy this year, I’ll grant you, but it’ll get better. Write it down, put it an envelope, and open this time next year. Bama D top 5, top 10 at worst, in the country.

Top Bottom