| FTBL That "Damned good quarterback"

Secondand26

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Bo Nix, the "damned good quarterback" that a few on this board seem to really admire, threw 23 incomplete passes yesterday. In comparison, Mac Jones has thrown 25 incompletions through 4 games. Let that sink in. Roll Tide!

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Other than some 50/50 balls that Nix just throws to the heavens for them to rain down with the blessed kiss of auburn Jesus, I don't really recall Nix completing many downfield throws of 25+ yards... and it ain't because guys aren't open. Nix is the type of thrower, that if he's in the back of the bar and wants to play darts, the guy at the bar sitting near the front door needs to have his head on a swivel.

Also, worth mentioning as always, Bo Nix and his father are hayseeds.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
I think he is a good QB...."damn good". Maybe not....
Again i think the developer aint "damn good"...
Or ...apparently...any good... no history of QBs being developed...."Cam just had it"

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
He is a strong kid throwing a football, but as I was watching some of the game yesterday, the ball comes out of his hand erratically, and his receivers are constantly having to adjust for errant throws. He also panics and does some boneheaded things, like the backwards spike last week and the intentional grounding yesterday.

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I wanted them to be good this year so when we kicked their ass they'd feel immense suffering.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I'm curious, who do you think is a bad QB if Bo is a good QB?

The idea it's the "developer" is lost on me. He's had a QB coach his entire life. Throwing off your back foot, unbalanced, across your body, etc...we've seen all of that, this season. Poor decision making is another staple of his game.

I'll readily agree the Auburn offensive scheme right now is FUBAR. But still, scheme and execution are two different things (as many well know.)

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I agree. I certainly don't think he's special... I think he had an impressive performance that particular day, especially for his standards.

The frustrating part is to hear how bad he is/looks/performs and think back to that game. That dude beat Saban? Ugh

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Auburn scored 48. Bo was 15-30, with one TD passing, one TD rushing. Shivers, with one carry, had one TD. That's 21 points. Carlson had four field goals; 16 points.

It was not Bo Nix that beat Alabama last season. It was Auburn, as a team, with NOT's being the difference. And we can not take away the gifts given in light of missed FG's and INT's.

Let's not try to rewrite history here.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
OK, I'll spell it out a little more clearly for you... So that history has no fear of being rewritten.

Auburn, with what you're describing as a bad QB leading their offense, beat Alabama with Mac Jones @ QB last season in a poorly managed game by the UA coaching staff.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
When it comes to the Barn or any team for that matter if Bama plays a clean game (no turnovers and few penalties) they win. They did not do that in the Barn game last year and THAT is why they allowed and average at best team beat them. Same formula wins that has always won.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I really can't agree with that either. I didn't see the coaching staff missing kicks or their blocks.

Now, if you want to go down that road about the half, and the kick from Auburn, go right ahead. Your fight falls with Rule 3-5-2-e (A.R. 9-2-2-I-V).

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I watched Bama at the Liberty Bowl lose to Memphis State in the late 87, pretty much in the manner in which you wrote.

From the LA times 11 Oct., 1987

"Alabama committed several costly mistakes, which Tide Coach Bill Curry said made his team undeserving of a victory.

“If we scored to go ahead, we committed a penalty on the play. If we had a chance to pin them down at their goal line, we didn’t,” Curry said. “They deserved to win. That’s really all there is to it.”

Top Bottom