| OT Texas Monthly: Willie Nelson - "That's just the way Willie rolls"

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Chris Stapleton is about the only country I listen to these days. I kind of hate putting that label on him, as he is a little bit rock and blues. He is a throwback to when you determined if it was country or the blues by the amount of pigment of he person playing it.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

I totally agree 1000000%. Brooks alter ego was Chris Gaines. NOT Chris LeDoux.

LeDoux was the 1976 Bareback World Champion. He was a legit singing cowboy and Brooks helped him gain some notoriety when he (Brooks) made it big. I met Chris LeDoux in the early 90's at a concert. Super nice guy and still have my guitar that he signed. Very humble and down to earth.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
His old stuff was really good, but his new stuff sounds like repackaged 80's rock. I went to see him at the BJCC this last time because Tyler Childers was opening for him. Placed was packed and rocking for Childers, mosh pit was packed, he put on a great show. After Sturgill's fifth song from his new album the mosh pit was half empty. I left 45 minutes into his set, and the whole place as 20-25 percent empty. I told my wife on the way over that i was going for Childers and if Sturgill persists in playing his new stuff we'd have an early evening. About 4,000 beat me to it.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Love the Steeledrivers. They are still recording, but not as good as when Stapleton fronted for them. I also believe that I like Stapleton with the Steeledrivers more than I do with him as a solo act. I think the harmony is better on the Steeledrivers as opposed to Stapletons wife backing him on his solo stuff.

Top Bottom