| OT Texas Monthly: Willie Nelson - "That's just the way Willie rolls"

rueben

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I worked a concert of his. I went back stage, and he walked out of his dressing room just as I was passing by. He looked up and said, " I'm not signing any autographs." I looked back at him dead pan and said, "Neither am I." The look on his face was priceless. I just kept walking.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Haha, good one. Wish I was as quick witted when I met Bob Hope backstage at JSU, when I was working the event. I was working side by side with a quite lovely lass, whom I took out and back in, during the foloowing week. Bob winked at me, then addressed her with the following, "Hello sweetheart, do you know the difference between an egg salad sandwich and sex?", she replied "no", he then said "let's have lunch sometime." He then strode away before either of us could say anything.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

And most definitely, in that pic, is a Chevrolet. I learned to drive a 3 on the tree in about the same model he is driving. My dad had an 80 model Chevy Scottsdale growing up. That is definitely not a Ford he is driving in the pic.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Not a Willie Nelson fan at all. Prefer Johnny Cash out of the Highway Men and Hank Williams Jr. over Willie eight days out of the week.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I'd mix them all up and throw in some Waylon Jennings and I'd be happily go down memory lane. On a contemporary bent, I could set up a playlist of Turnpike Troubadours, Reckless Kelly, Tyler Childers, Cody Jinks, Cross Canadian Ragweed (or Canada and Boland's new bands), Whiskey Myers and Riley Green and enjoy.

RTR,

Tim

BamaJay73

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Have y'all heard Sturgill Simpson? He's got that old school country sound. His new album is totally different though.

BamaJay73

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
His cover of Nirvana's In Bloom is pretty cool.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Country music died around the time when Garth Brooks got too full of himself as his alter ego LeDeaux

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Willie and Jamey Johnson in Tuscaloosa (2017). Willie doesn’t have the energy he used to but I’m glad we went. Only time I’ve ever gotten to see him.

Top Bottom