| FTBL Texas A&M’s players opting out: Starting linebackers chooses to opt out on game week.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
With him opting out and Camron Buckley out for the year due to a knee injury, the Aggies don't have anyone currently playing wide receiver that had more than three catches last season.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm heartbroken for Jimbo, 🙄

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Anyone hearing if Bama is going to have any that choose to do this? Saban is the GOAT when it comes to managing the team as he has demonstrated time and time again so maybe he is doing his magic once again.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Texas AnM. Vs. LSU. Should be a classic...
The "opt out bowl"....
Ok.... is there gonna be a game this year...say a rivalry game......where one team is so depleted...and playing a team...near full strength...
Where the depleted team .... realizes...a loss is eminent..to a rival...
And uses...some excuse to not play...?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I simply cannot understand why are they just now opting out? If you state NFL preparation, makes sense, but still a little fishy considering the timing. Citing the virus makes absolute zero sense at this point in time. Have these guys not been on campus, not practicing, not going to class, not testing, not living through the means of their scholarship? It's just weird to me the prep you went through the last couple months and quitting a week or two before the season.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Agents are running wild this fall paying guys to sit out and paying their way to work out in training facilities. Some coaching staff's have maintained control of their programs (who's around, who isn't) while other have done really poorly.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
This was my thought as I made a comment about this exact situation last week or so. I guess my wording "simply cannot understand" is why so close to the season. I understand agents getting to guys a month ago, but this guy has probably been practicing and starting game prep. I just felt it was late in the game for an opt out, unless they saw the writing on the wall depth chart wise, which I would assume is not the case here.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
“Money changes everything “ to quote Cyndi Lauper

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Texas A&M will begin its season on Saturday without starting linebacker Anthony Hines, who announced that he has chosen to opt out.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
opt out, and opt back in is the thing to do now!

Top Bottom