| FTBL Team creates video in support of BLM

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I respect your views on this and I can understand it but we can be agreeable on our disagreement, don’t you think? The phrase “All lives can’t matter until black lives matter” does poke a lot of holes in the slogan boat.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
BLM is a blatantly racist statement. You just add to the division of this country when you say it. Most people don't care about skin color if any life matters. I don't want anyone to suffer. How can we ever heal

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
It's like I said, I don't find what they said objectionable. On its true merits it's the only logical conclusion.

And, like I said, it did leave me a little baffled because I didn't discern what the intent was with the phrasing. I didn't understand to whom it was directed.

I find a serious disconnect with those who take the "All Lives Matter" stance and also are pro-choice just like I find a disconnect with the pro-choice, "it's my body" crowd yelling "wear a damn mask."

Of course, I suspect these are same people who need to read the menu at McDonald's every time they stop for a bite. 🙃

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
@TerryP on fire this morning!

Man... So many people just want to take ideas, arguments, politics in general, to the extreme.

Makes a guy who's able to consider, evaluate, and find common ground with both sides of an issue feel like an alien.

But as Andre 3000 once said - Space ships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors... So onward and upward! RTR

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
If you really want to see change you can't scream racist every time someone has an opposing view. That will be the fastest way to shut down any possibility of people listening and learning from each other.

There is a reason Martin Luther King made a lasting impact - Love you neighbor as yourself, Love your enemy and turn the other cheek. All foundational but difficult things required to heal. Nowhere does it leave room for looting, violence and screaming at each other.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Got a serious question for anyone really. I saw this video only as our players and Coach Saban speaking out “for social justice for the black race” and not a plug for the BLM organization. Am I wrong for thinking that these guys can speak out for the injustices while not endorsing BLM? I didn’t see or hear anything that suggests anyone to donate to BLM. I think too many of the far right wingers and racists jumped all over this video.

Top Bottom