| MBB/WBB SWEET 16! No. 5/5 Alabama Dominates Maryland 96-77, Advances to Eighth Sweet 16 in Program History

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Last night it was great seeing the guys fire on all 8 cylinders. Good ball movement on offense, control of the boards and players making unselfish plays. Nice win, enjoy for a day and get to work on UCLA.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
From a B1G board. Have no idea what the 1 stands for. Sure as hell isn't #1.

Alabama is beating Maryland.... in Basketball?

200.gif

mando

Sideline Club
If we play like we did last night it’ll be hard for anybody to beat us. We were firing on all cylinders.
Yeah our inconsistency has been our issue. Hard to sustain but hope they do an see where things fall. Gonzaga, Baylor or Michigan will be a handful but of course so would we. Going to need to keep Jones in the game. To me his third foul was just not a smart play. Stopped the lay up but cost him a significant amount of bench time plus the kid hit both free throws. Someone else on here has talked about Basketball IQ to me that fits into that category. Know the situation and make a smart decision.

Still awesome to be talking about the possibilities.

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
Yeah our inconsistency has been our issue. Hard to sustain but hope they do an see where things fall. Gonzaga, Baylor or Michigan will be a handful but of course so would we. Going to need to keep Jones in the game. To me his third foul was just not a smart play. Stopped the lay up but cost him a significant amount of bench time plus the kid hit both free throws. Someone else on here has talked about Basketball IQ to me that fits into that category. Know the situation and make a smart decision.

Still awesome to be talking about the possibilities.

Totally get that regarding Jones early fouls. I was very concerned when he went out after that 3rd foul. Then our bench went OFF! Quinerly just took over. He has come on strong during this 8 game win streak & he has given a component of depth that teams are going to have to factor in.

We are going to have our hands full from here on out but I like our chances. If we can stay mentally tough & focused we might just pull this off.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Watched the game again this afternoon... it was just as fun today as it was last night. I said after the SEC Tournament championship, that anything beyond that was gravy. I meant it then, and still do, but I'm enjoying every second of this and hope it continues. Feels good too knowing that this isn't a one year thing. We lose some guys, but a very strong core returns with more top talent coming in. There have been times in the past 15 or so years that I seriously wondered if Alabama could harbor an elite football team and an elite basketball team at the same time, ever again. It just felt like it was going to be either/or for whatever reason. Feels good to know that there wasn't in fact some curse hanging over the athletic department, we just needed the right combination of coaches.

Most importantly, I'm happy for Herb Jones, John Petty, and Alex Reese. Herb is the heart and soul of the team and has collected a good amount of individual hardware to go with the team hardware. Petty has grown a ton as a player. His value is no longer measured in how many 3's he makes. But when he does make them, he gives the team a spark unlike anyone else. Alex Reese is a guy that has taken a beating from fans over the last few years, there were times I was hard on him too. I'm glad he stuck with it, kept his head down, and became an unselfish leader who has obviously earned the team's and the staff's respect. Really cool to see him playing his best basketball right now.

mando

Sideline Club
The defense hasn't been. When the offense isn't clicking, the defense has won games. It's such a good thing to watch in the sport; sorely lacking this season.
Completely agree the D has been consistent and outstanding. That is why they are where they are. It was probably more inconsistent against Maryland than it had been in the first half for sure and then once we were up by 23. It is a beautiful thing to watch. The high level D keeps them in every game but they will have to consistently score against teams from here on out.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
The defense hasn't been. When the offense isn't clicking, the defense has won games. It's such a good thing to watch in the sport; sorely lacking this season.
Defense travels in this sport too! While Herb is the SEC Defensive player of the year, Petty is my 1B. I like the way this bunch is playing and how, like the football team, they play for each other.

mando

Sideline Club
Defense travels in this sport too! While Herb is the SEC Defensive player of the year, Petty is my 1B. I like the way this bunch is playing and how, like the football team, they play for each other.
Interesting how they bounced back from a poor shooting 1st game. That showed mental toughness and leadership. That is the experience and culture Oats has created and gives great optimism for the future.

Top Bottom