| FTBL Stumbled on this book this week that I had never seen.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Let us know how it is when you finish reading the book. I dont believe I have ever seen the book either.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Bynum has written a ton of sports books, but his cv says he was a student manager on the football team in 77-78, and then he started writing both this book and High Tide perhaps while still in school. I wonder if his Tuscaloosa connection got him the co-writer spot with Bobby Bowden.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I believe he also wrote another book about Bryant in the 80s (Boys of Autumn or something). The one I grabbed is supposed to cover his entire career up until that point but skimming through it seems there is a lot of emphasis on his A&M days.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Couple in my library
..many others but these are cool...
The one without a jacket is 1960.....
DAD7A53D-2619-4CF1-9694-FA7E48695ABC.jpeg824EA6C7-4F5A-4C68-A228-6B94B945A349.jpeg2CD4FB38-030F-4672-8B27-E1BD42A794DC.jpeg

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
I downloaded tons of classics from gutenberg. Have not read War and Peace yet. Have it.

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I recommend Cormac McCarthy as well. No Country for Old Men is just as good as the movie. I think Anton Chighur is the most evil antagonist in history. Pure psychopath.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I usually keep 2-3 books going but have really slacked off in the past year. Right now, I am not reading anything.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I have a tendency to read more than one at a time. For the most part, they fall into three categories: professional (either topical or management/self-improvement), historical and classics. I typically won't read a work of fiction unless it's received general acclaim. I've made it a point to build on my knowledge of Alabama and the South. I have some books on professional development that I've returned to more than once, including Turning Pro by Pressfield and Triggers by Marshall Goldsmith.

I guess because of all the folks who've passed away recently in the entertainment and music business, the old Lewis Grizzard book, "Elvis is Dead and I Don't Feel So Good Myself" came to mind the other day. I pulled it off the shelf at my folks and went through it again. I always enjoyed Grizzard.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
That's one of my worst habits. I currently have three books that I'm going back and forth between (new Ken Shamrock biography, John Hannah's biography and a wrestling book) along with comics that I read intermittently throughout the week.

Top Bottom