| NEWS Statement from Greg Byrne.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
No question there has been a lot to celebrate being part of the Crimson Tide. Whether you witnessed the goal line stand of the 1979 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, or you were sitting in Mercedes-Benz Stadium watching the overtime win over Georgia in 2018 to win our 17th national championship, these are memories that will last a lifetime for all of us.

While we remain unsure of what is to come for the 2020-21 season, we continue to work through a multitude of scenarios and cost-savings measures to operate as efficiently as we possibly can in these unprecedented times. Despite the unknowns, we remain committed to the core of our mission, which is centered on educating, serving and developing the best student-athletes.

With the financial challenges Alabama Athletics is facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve already taken steps to help offset revenue shortfalls including a decrease in operating budgets for all of our departments and sports, a freeze on vacant non-coaching positions as well as facility operating and energy savings. We have a number of other strategies under review that we will look at implementing as decisions are made for the fall, however donor contributions, season ticket purchases and TIDE PRIDE memberships are vital to our operation and we could not be where we are without the support of so many of you.

Under normal operations, a large percentage of our annual budget comes directly from ticket sales and TIDE PRIDE memberships. In the event we have to adopt a modified seating model at Bryant-Denny Stadium, this number will be impacted significantly. While we don’t yet know the effects on individual ticketholders, we do know that we will need your continued and generous support.

As plans become clearer, the Crimson Tide Foundation and TIDE PRIDE/ticket office will work with you to provide options to continue supporting our core mission, including the opportunity to donate TIDE PRIDE contributions and ticket purchases as a potentially deductible gift to the Crimson Tide Foundation. Those affected will also have the option to elect a complete or partial refund of TIDE PRIDE contributions and ticket purchases.

While we are still living in a world of unknowns, we do know that because of people like you, we will come out of this together. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have generously supported Alabama Athletics over the years. You play a crucial role in the experience of our over 600 student-athletes, and we are forever grateful.

Our staff remains hard at work and is here to serve you. Questions for the Crimson Tide Foundation can be directed by phone at 205-348-9727 or email at ctf@ia.ua.edu, while inquiries specific to the ticket office and TIDE PRIDE can dial 205-348-2262 or email ticketoffice@ia.ua.edu.

Roll Tide!

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Sounds more like code for "you better be ready to open up your checkbook in a very large way".

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Oh well, My donations from 2004 until 2019 will just have to do for them. I was thinking about cancelling sometime soon anyway, COVID just gave me that final push I needed to give up the season tix. Between the travel, my health issues and the fact I have already seen a ton of great games, I am content to just watch from my recliner from now on.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
i am sick with sadness for my fellow fans and for the University of Alabama.

See what the " brain trust" sends out to us.... probably thru the media....next

I am prepared to make sacrifices if others do likewise

eatidefan

Registered
Reaction score
Looks to me like that those big money donors will be the only fans in the stadium. I am sure us working folks who pay a mere 1k a year in tide pride will be left out.
I'll take the refund and see what happens in 2021.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
What did you mean?
That wasn't sent out through the media.

What I find interesting is you've been wanting a statement from the Athletic Director and I've been asking you what are you expecting to hear. There is nothing in this email you didn't know. In fact, it reads exactly as I suggested it would. "We haven't made a decision but here's a note telling you we haven't made a decision."

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
*****Froze vacant positions

*****Gonna provde options

*****Those affected will have options on tickets AND TP

One thing i hope for is an option to just apply all already paid tics and TP to next year... helps this year and money already committed from me ( and others)

Did we know this?........kinda of suspected... but good to hear from AD ( chairman of the boardfor athletics)....

"Wasnt sent out through media"...WTH.....where did we read it????..wasn't sent to my email..which they have and could have been ( and to all ST holders/ boosters) with a press of the button ( which i have gotten stuff before...called mailing list....just never this Administration)....

Anyway..step forward....I suspect there was pressure to say something....this was something...as much as anyone could ask ....

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
IMO, it's not so much the lack of revenue coming in, but the expenditures that can't be avoided. Bryant-Denny is a multi-million dollar expense that can't be stopped nor payment delayed. Now add the lack of revenue and you go deeper into a hole.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
As I have stated in several posts, the economic impact of this thing has not fully materialized yet but you are starting to see it and it is going to be deep. On the business front I completely get it and I understand it can't be business as usual. Unfortunately it translates to a very large impact on many peoples livelihood.

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The NFL has already guaranteed to keep ticket prices flat for 2021. Have any colleges made that commitment? I doubt many, if any, will.

So roll the $$$ to 2021, then find out they had to significantly raise prices? No thanks.

Top Bottom