| TV/MOVIES Star Trek: Discovery (...and UA's theatre department.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Considering this show is behind a paywall, a little background ...

Sonequa Martin-Green (character: Michael Burnham) is our main character here. In case you didn't know her by roles she also played Sasha for several season on TWD. While I don't watch that show any longer, those first few years were good TV viewing in my opinion: she did a heck of a job in her role.

IF you also didn't know Sonequa is a graduate of the theatre department at Alabama.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Anson Mount. He's resurrected the role of Captain Christopher Pike in this series. If you're not familiar with him, you need to make yourself familiar with AMC's western Hell on Wheels. Another good series.

Sarak is in this series as well as Spock (who happens to be Sonequa's/Michael's brother in the storyline.)

It's a CBS All-Access series which has just started airing S1 on Thursday nights.

For a free trial—which would mean some serious binging—and maybe another six bucks if you can't get through three seasons ... well worth the time.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
I have watched the previous seasons of ST Discovery. I enjoyed them immensely and I watched ST Picard, I enjoyed it as well.

I did not know of Ms Greens’ Alabama connection. She is very attractive as well as a good actress

The newest iteration is ST Strange New Worlds with Anson Mount as Pike, Ethan Peck as Spock and Rebecca Romijn as #1.
If the series has gifted writers and solid stories it will be a huge hit as it is the prequel to the original series. Where this can stand alone with non connected stories, ST Picard had an enormous singular plot. It was like they took a movie and chopped into 10 pieces. The individual shows did not keep you glued to the TV, so to speak.

Still to date ST Enterprise is my favorite even if I didn’t watch it until 2020. I would like to see the time between Archer and Pike fleshed out. The final episode of ST Enterprise was total shit but you saw Capt. Archer at the signing of the Federation Charter.

I have never been a gamer but Star Trek Fleet Command is really good if you are a Trekkie. Here I am at 59 before I ever played an online game. It is really for your mobile devices but can be played on a good pc by installing BlueStacks. It is free to play but you progress slower than credit card Captains.

I guess that you have figured out that I’m a Trekkie 🖖

Last edited:

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
There is an app........Cyberflix that I used to watch for free. Episodes posted immediately after showing on all access

Top Bottom