• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FOOD Something different at Thanksgiving!

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
1573773717199.png
You wouldn't have any problem about getting a leg!! :eek:

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
That's just wrong! I am trying to get my wife to give the ok to smoke some meat or grill pork chops, not a big fan of turkey.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
About 10 years ago we were back in Alabama for Thanksgiving, my stepmom wasn't feeling good. So I volunteered to make dinner, I made 3 massive pans of lasagna. My sisters were pissed off. I told them next time they should help and they can set the menu.

The last 6 years or so we've cheated at bit, we order food from one of the local grocery stores and heat / cook it all. I don't have to make the food from scratch to enjoy it and prepping for 2 days isn't my thing.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
The picture doesn't make sense to me. We're looking at a turkey with a bake time of what ... three hours, right? Octopus runs about an hour and a half if you bake.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I love cooking this time of year. Cheaper than therapy and I get to eat it. Already have my rib roast. Probably have Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake or apple pie and what other side dishes I think of between now and then.

Planning on making stock from turkey carcass and using it for gumbo either before Christmas or after New Year.

Top Bottom