Best of luck to him

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
They screw up often..
Tend to believe this.

Reaction score
If Sklyer was in a punting contest for shit then he wouldn't even get a smell. Of all the punters that ever started for The King , I would say this guy is without a doubt the worse I recall.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Blaming players is not right...
He wasnt out there cause he shanked em in practice...

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
There is no way in hell the guy could stand on the 50 and kick it into the endzone 8 times out of 10. 50 yards toe to receiver is so average. I was out punter in high school and about 42-45 yards toe to receiver was about right. Since most teams put only one back I would angle the ball away and take the risk of a shank but only to the left (since I was right footed). Roll baby roll. You never saw Sklyler nail a punt in his few attempts and that is odd since everybody nails one every now and then.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Well whatever I hope him the best! RTR!!

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
If he was good in practice...and not so much in games...mental thing?

Maybe found a person to help with that.....

Our damn special teams....geeze

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
No, sir. Blocking lanes. One missed and there is no return. That's an 11 man unit if we're ever going to see one.

#5 in the nation in opponent kick off returns. Oops, there's special teams leading the nation, again.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
This was 95% Jaylen Waddle here. The face mask threw off the other two guys LSU had coming after him and then all lanes meant nothing

The last one here looks like a solid blocking job by the return team, but the others you see Waddle and even Ruggs changing direction due to no blocking.

Without Waddle, I think you see us drop quiet a bit. As far as our kick coverage on kickoff, you throw eleven five stars and high four stars you're going to have the athleticism to stop almost everyone. All of our skill players on offense are on kick coverage. Credit where credit is due of course, but the athleticism of these guys is more of the reason. I mean, it makes sense we would be better at those two units because those are our best players. Punting and kicking obviously not so much. There's one common denominator in there on the two units you're speaking of compared to the success of our other units.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I agree... There was very good blocking schemes in some of those returns. I also think Waddle is an elite talent who makes a lot happen, but that's not news to anyone.

On the other hand, is the inability to punt & kick at a high level a sign of a lack of coaching? Or just guys with performance anxiety? A lot... of... guys... Over the years 😐

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I guess it all equals out. We had a Superman return guy. Often creating his own lanes and making guys miss when it looked like they had an angle. But we have not been top tier in punting and are bottom tier in kicking. There’s good and bad. I sure miss J.K. In the punting game. We had it made.

Top Bottom