| BSB/SB 🥎 Skylar Wallace (SS) has entered the transfer portal.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
From what I understand the extra year of eligibility does come into play, to a degree. Skylar playing shortstop, barring injury, wouldn't be on the plate this season with Claire Jenkins returning. Skylar was asked to move to another position, catcher, and she balked at the notion.

We've discussed the need the team was going to have at C so seeing Murphy try to move another player to that position isn't unheard of. It's not an unfair request based on how these ladies are recruited. However, on the same end, wanting a player to move to another position—when they have their heart set on something else—and getting them to do so are two different stories.

It's wild to me considering I thought she'd be taking an outfield role this season and coming back to the infield in 2022.

Rsedge72

Registered
Reaction score
yeah I assumed the same thing position wise.
Really going to miss her stick at the plate. I wish her well, but damn hate to hear that

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Bama softball is to recruiting catchers what Bama football is to recruiting tight ends. For reasons I can't explain, it's a positional black hole when it comes to recruiting lately (compared to other positions).

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Sucks!!! Hard to get kids to swap positions later in their careers, because they can't see the forest for the trees.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Per NCAA bylaw 100, section 4, paragraph 3....

“All transfers will be approved universally, unless student athlete is transferring to the University of Alabama”....

Top Bottom