| OT Shannon Terry, founder of Rivals/ 247Sports: Back in the business with some great hires. On3sports

TerryP

Ivory Club
The noncompetes must’ve expired.
Exactly. Now, Ivan explains how he started as the "first writer hired at ESPN" in his announcement but that's the whole thing in a nutshell. I'll bet Shannon was talking to him as soon as 03.com started its build.

I'm thinking it's another Athletic model.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Exactly. Now, Ivan explains how he started as the "first writer hired at ESPN" in his announcement but that's the whole thing in a nutshell. I'll bet Shannon was talking to him as soon as 03.com started its build.

I'm thinking it's another Athletic model.

Agree. In some of his older articles, didn’t Maisel disclose he was an Alabama fan?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Holy cow, just read his bio, didn’t know he was from Mobile and lost his son to a suicide. He’s a heck of a writer, I’ll have to read his book on his son when it comes out.
I was following him on Twitter when that happened. He was amazingly open about how they were dealing with him.

He is one of those guys who would have been a shoe-in at Bama. But, Stanford.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Agree. In some of his older articles, didn’t Maisel disclose he was an Alabama fan?

I’ve heard him say in interviews more than once that he grew up a Bama fan. His father attended UA and coached basketball at Murphy HS a long time ago. I think he also coached the JV basketball team at UA just after he graduated too.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Ya know how pissed ol' Mike is right now? This is the second venture he's going to see himself being left behind...all because he was a dick.

We have spoken about this before, but would you mind sharing why the Rivals split happened? Also, what exactly is this new venture doing differently than his old creatio, 247?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Farrell. That network is steaming behind the scenes. Andy created part of it...this network is going to be another "Scout disappears because 247 showed up."

I'm thinking this is a direct shot at Rivals.

How long before on3.com rankings are part of the composite?

Ahh. I forget about him (and really Rivals in general), despite him popping up on my TL the other day with that stupid tweet.