| FTBL Shane Lee is only getting better even after getting bashed in the media last season

Reaction score
It was the 48 points that Bama allowed the high school offense to score but we're going to blame the ST coach. Just wanted to make sure.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
The true issue on that play had nothing to do with any players or assistant coaches.

Gus had 0 intentions of running a play. It was a Hail Mary bluff and Saban wasn't clear minded enough to call it. He panicked for no reason.

Blaming the ST Coach, DC, or Waddle is short sighted. Unless they have literally practiced deciding to put the ST's on the field then abruptly changing their mind mid play clock, executing that change on the fly is asking for trouble.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
It's not a good situation for any coach to be in with the shenanigans. That said, you have to admit it's a salient question to ask "what was Waddle watching?" It certainly was not the line and linebackers changing out—which was happening right in front of him.

In hindsight I'm wondering ... any idea how many timeouts Bama had left at the time? That would be the best move from my limited view on this whole ordeal.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Surprised you haven't heard my previous complaints about "Game Management" in this game.

On our final drive before the missed FG, our first TO get burned on a 4th down. There was not a decisive plan which forced a TO to regroup and call the play. Basically, the play call came in way too late... Mac ends up converting on a scramble, which is great, but using that TO turned out to be a critical mistake. Because even if the 4th down was not converted, having all 3 TO's would have been huge in terms of getting the ball back regardless.

Again, Game Management issues. Not talent or scheme. Those are the losses that haunt a Head Coach.

Top Bottom