| FTBL Shane Lee is only getting better even after getting bashed in the media last season

bearsnest

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with than article, Lee got bashed by a lot of folks last season but I think he is going to be a stud in the next two years

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Damn fucking right he is. A lot of crap talkers still to this day about a guy that started as a true freshman and stepped up when two starters went down and not one damn upperclassman stepped up to fill the role. Freshman All-America. My money is on him that he'll grow and become an even better player.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Having him, with a full year of starting experience, along with Moses and McMillon back will make the LB position very strong in 2020.

Reaction score
Kid had to play due to the poor recruiting by the staff two/three years ago...along with the injuries. I am neutral on the kids ability to become a solid player. What Nick has told us is the play/coaching of the DL wasn't it and perhaps that didn't help the young guys at ILB at all.

We'll see.

Crtuneman

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a possibility or not, but what about moving Lee to Jack? I thought he did really well in the blitz, and he has good size for a jack. I know he doesn't have the height, but he has the bulk.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Have to see how healthy ream is and stays...for sure....he is ready and able to be better....

rueben

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Not only did he start as a true freshman, but he had to do it with NO on the field mentor. Not one other person there to show him how to play the position. I don't think ppl realize how big of a deficit, that is.

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Bama really shit the bed on ILB recruiting since Pruitt left town with both him and Kirby signing some folks we normally would have signed. If no changes on the staff are made by Friday then I assume Nick had no problem with the coach that was supposed to be teaching these ILBer how to play.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It is true Lee played as a true freshman. It is true that he did not have a mentor on the field with the ILB corps. It is true that he played a lot of downs and has a year of experience under his belt. It is probably true that he has improved in the weight room and film study after his first year. What is not true YET is that he has improved on the field. We will have to wait until he is in actual, game action to see how far he has come.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
I have no say...but if I did......one .....would have hit the road earlier....
But whatever Nick wants... is gonna be....and i wnt NS to stay....many more years..
Do you thinkour STs are Championship caliber? Certainly have a great return man...about it!

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Punt returners (y)
Punting/punt coverage (n)
Kickoff coverage (y)
Kickoff returns/blocking (n)
FG/XP (n)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
HIs post is a great example for you wanting one coach fired.

How many coaches handle these responsibilities? Believe you me, it is not his (Banks) responsibility to point to 11 guys and say "you up for the punt team now." That's settled long before the kick off. If they miss their assignment it's on them. Lack of execution and concentration on what was happening at the time.

@EasyTider has pointed to eight different areas in special teams in his post.

I realize you want to blame Banks for the Auburn play. It's off base and I thought @BamaBoyJosh did a good job of explaining that to you the other day. He was spot on.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Position coaches have many more responsibilities other than the position they coach on either side of the ball. At one my first school, I coached QBs and all LBs and then handled the kickers/punters. At my last school, I was responsible for QBs and kickers and return guys at the second level, FBs and TEs. Our DL coach was responsible for the kick return game but our OL coach handled the substitutions on the front line, while the WR coach handled deep returners. I know it wasn't UA but those guys wear many hats as well. Someone just gets the title added to their name. My title was passing game coordinator, even though our HC called ALL of the plays.

Top Bottom