| MBB/WBB Shackleford and Primo are testing the "draft waters"

mando

Sideline Club
In Oat's signing day press conference he said he encourages players to test the waters to see where they stand. I suspect this is one of those scenarios and not a surprise to Oat's and the staff. Certainly he could get a high enough grade to go out but I would expect him to be back.

bama alum

Crimson Tide Club
In Oat's signing day press conference he said he encourages players to test the waters to see where they stand. I suspect this is one of those scenarios and not a surprise to Oat's and the staff. Certainly he could get a high enough grade to go out but I would expect him to be back.

I hope so. 🤞

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club

^^^^^This^^^^^

He and Quinerly were expected to do this, same as Herb and Petty last year. It'll happen next year too. Extremely doubtful they leave.

Rolltide24

Century Club
I’d relax some here. There’s 60 players drafted each year. 2 rounds is all the NBA has.

In 2019, 175 underclassmen (not counting international players) put their name in the draft. 40 were drafted.

In 2020, 163 underclassmen put their names in. From my count, 34 were selected. 14 international players were chosen and 12 seniors.

A list I saw yesterday had 89 underclassmen names so far for the 2021 draft and there’s still 45 days or so to put your name in. And that list did not include JS... All that to say, if you’re not a top 40 or maybe top 30 underclassmen, your chances of getting selected are very slim.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
IMO, this is routine to see where they COULD end up going in the draft. Personally, both of these young men should return to the basketball program and continue to raise their stock. Both, have things to improve. Hopefully, they both do not stay in the draft and end up overseas or in the G League.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Century Club
Yep. Love Petty but his handle is lacking bad. Not much use for a 6'5" spot up shooter who cant handle the ball. He needs to spend some time in the d-league and improve his handle.

Shack is a good player and could probably play in Europe now but needs to improve handle and continue to improve his quickness and consistency to get drafted.

Quninnerly is a great player but a little undersized to guard one of the big 1 & 2's in the NBA. He may get picked up by someone because of his elite 1 on 1 skill which is all the NBA is about right now.. even being undersized.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Yep. Love Petty but his handle is lacking bad. Not much use for a 6'5" spot up shooter who cant handle the ball. He needs to spend some time in the d-league and improve his handle.

Shack is a good player and could probably play in Europe now but needs to improve handle and continue to improve his quickness and consistency to get drafted.

Quninnerly is a great player but a little undersized to guard one of the big 1 & 2's in the NBA. He may get picked up by someone because of his elite 1 on 1 skill which is all the NBA is about right now.. even being undersized.

I see a lot of similarities in Quinerly as I do Kira, and Kira was drafted at 6'1.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
I would expect a huge year out of Quinerly and Shackleford if both come back. If they do, Seems like they would have a great shot at being pretty high draft picks.

Agreed. They can both make those off balanced shots and they were both very clutch for us when we needed a shot or when we started making runs and they would knock down some threes.

mando

Sideline Club
No insider info but I would fully expect both to be back based on what I saw on the court. A return for both should have a big impact on their draft status.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Remember these guys are allowed to sign with a NCAA certified agent and still return to school. Word remains it'll take a 1st round grade for Primo to move on to the league.

Top Bottom