| MBB/WBB Shackelford opts for portal & Primo to stay in draft. [Update: Shack returns!]

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Is there a time window for the Shackelford thing to be resolved one way or the other?

If nothing else, he's going to have to enroll for the fall semester somewhere. Latest for that to happen at UA is late August... not sure on enrollment deadlines at the other school's he is/was considering. I'd be surprised though if it were to drag on that long.

TerryP

Ivory Club
If nothing else, he's going to have to enroll for the fall semester somewhere. Latest for that to happen at UA is late August... not sure on enrollment deadlines at the other school's he is/was considering. I'd be surprised though if it were to drag on that long.
I've adopted the attitude as long as he doesn't announce another school, he's back. I'm still hearing more and more suggesting such.

mando

Sideline Club
I've adopted the attitude as long as he doesn't announce another school, he's back. I'm still hearing more and more suggesting such.
Talking to a barner yesterday and he of course was hoping shackelford would be gone. He basically was saying Bama would be a nightmare to guard with Quinerly, Shackelford and Davison on the court at the same time. Hard to argue with that.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Talking to a barner yesterday and he of course was hoping shackelford would be gone. He basically was saying Bama would be a nightmare to guard with Quinerly, Shackelford and Davison on the court at the same time. Hard to argue with that.
It's a little short sighted on his part. What about Ellis: likely to be the guy that is 2021-'22's "Hard Hat" guy on defense. Juwan Gary, anyone? Should I mention Burnett, or leave that for another thread? What if Holt develops like he's expected?

What folks need to realize is even without Shack this team is more talented in the front court than last season. His return just makes that group deeper.

For sportsmanships sake (and I realize he's a PF) I'd recommend not mentioning Jarace Walker to the guy.

mando

Sideline Club
It's a little short sighted on his part. What about Ellis: likely to be the guy that is 2021-'22's "Hard Hat" guy on defense. Juwan Gary, anyone? Should I mention Burnett, or leave that for another thread? What if Holt develops like he's expected?

What folks need to realize is even without Shack this team is more talented in the front court than last season. His return just makes that group deeper.

For sportsmanships sake (and I realize he's a PF) I'd recommend not mentioning Jarace Walker to the guy.
He is a pretty knowledgeable basketball guy even though he is a barn supporter. He acknowledged Bama would be good either way.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club

Keon Ellis is gonna be fun to watch. If he brings the electricity he brought to the court last year, he's gonna be good.

What's the guy that wanted to dunk on everyone in his limited minutes last season?

mando

Sideline Club
Ok now go to work young man and earn your playing time and next step. I think in the end this will be really good for the team. Oats has upgraded the talent across the board which is great but with that comes managing the egos and minutes for that added talent. Saban is great at it so Oats has a good mentor to talk to.

Last edited:

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Shwew boy, we got a hell of a team coming this Winter. Cannot wait to see it. I was really really worried about losing Herbert and Petty with their experience and ability, but I feel really good having Shackelford back.

Top Bottom