| MBB/WBB Shackelford opts for portal & Primo to stay in draft. [Update: Shack returns!]

mando

Sideline Club
My best guess is he sees his minutes being more limited than he'd like. Despite the rumblings, I'm sorta surprised he's doing it.
I was wondering the same thing. I guess Oats is not able to help these kids see how competition makes them better. Maybe Oats needs to walk over to the football complex and have a few more teaching sessions with the GOAT.

mando

Sideline Club
Losing Primo and Shackelford will be impactful for this years team in my view. Two people that produced and would have brought back talent and experience.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
The move by Shack this late wasn't helpful for Nate. I am sure there is a player or two in the portal that might interest Nate but some of the better guys have already found a home.

We'll see soon if those two schollys can get filled for this season.

TerryP

Ivory Club
The move by Shack this late wasn't helpful for Nate. I am sure there is a player or two in the portal that might interest Nate but some of the better guys have already found a home.

We'll see soon if those two schollys can get filled for this season.
They were already over by one; currently 12 by my count.

Even with the two leaving the team will have more talent in the '21-'22 season than they did last season. It's all about chemistry

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
And promised sponsorship

going to be more important that minutes

but back to Shack
Who turns their shooters more loose than
Oats?
Gotta be more than minutes and shots
Discipline? playing D. ? Sponsorships
o well. Good luck to him

Is this the new era of "who pays most...gets most"

I have to agree with you here. Quinerly came on big time at the end of the year, so it almost seems like his dad felt his time was gonna be eaten into, along with the incoming class and Davison. Money behind it somewhere. Zero denying it's playing a factor after what we've seen him look like in the system and what Oats is doing with him.

Is it not funny how insecure so many athletes are? Headcases. Not saying Shackleford is, but how quick their feelings can get hurt.

TerryP

Ivory Club
And promised sponsorship

going to be more important that minutes

but back to Shack
Who turns their shooters more loose than
Oats?
Gotta be more than minutes and shots
Discipline? playing D. ? Sponsorships
o well. Good luck to him

Is this the new era of "who pays most...gets most"

I have to agree with you here. Quinerly came on big time at the end of the year, so it almost seems like his dad felt his time was gonna be eaten into, along with the incoming class and Davison. Money behind it somewhere. Zero denying it's playing a factor after what we've seen him look like in the system and what Oats is doing with him.

Is it not funny how insecure so many athletes are? Headcases. Not saying Shackleford is, but how quick their feelings can get hurt.
Don't mix NIL and Shack's thing together. This started before the NIL laws, before SCOTUS, etc.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Was it really minutes then? He played 30 out of 40 per game and started 32 of 33.

Last season doesn't matter here.
Something is still not adding up. What does Dad want him to get?
More minutes, more shots.

The writing was on the wall for everyone to read. What would have happened to his playing time this upcoming season? His minutes were dropping for guys like JQ, Gary, and Burnett. Then there's guys like JD coming in and what we'll see from Gurley.

I believe we'll see him go undrafted and end up overseas.

Top Bottom