| FTBL SEC announces 10 game conference only schedule, kickoff on 9/26

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
There's discussions around campus about some supporting the idea of playing divisional games to start then finishing with the cross-divisional games to finish the season.

As mentioned on the forum word also has it the SEC is considering using the next two teams (cross-divisional) that fall on schedules for the next two seasons. (Good lord, if that happens, what on earth will the next few years look like?)

It would be a crazy ending to a season to see UGA, UF, and Vandy to close the season. How does the notion of playing Auburn before UT, or to start the season, strike you?

A few weeks ago I mentioned this C-19 ordeal will give those who want to expand the playoffs the perfect scenario. Along those lines, did you notice the SECCG is the 19th of December? That's roughly two weeks before the first round of the playoffs. So, what happens to all of the bowl games this season? Since football will be losing bowl games, do we see more expansion talk?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Well.... @TerryP @planomateo
I would bet the need to make up financial losses from 2020 will definitely push to make more sec games and expansion of playoffs....

Even a 10 sec game schedule is better than crap we have been getting...
Hopefully keeping the marquee games scheduled in future....

The playoffs expansion is a given....

Neither of which are bad things....

Something positive has to come outta 2020 and C-19 stuff

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'd watch...might be the replay.

Top Bottom