| OT Scene: You are on your way to season opener for Bama football and this happens. What is your reaction?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Give it some gas and see how truly motivated they are for the cause. They are jaywalking and have no right to sit in the middle of the road. Not saying drive 55 through there, but I would keep going and if anyone hit my car and dented it, then I would get out and see how connected their teeth are to their gums.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
It's unlawful for people to prevent the enjoyment of any rights. Those rights include the ability to travel on the road. Another segment from the same section.

Freedom of movement. A constitutional right? I believe so. After all, it was included in the Articles of Confederation...been a long standing principle behind how this country was built.

I believe the SCOUS ruled it as a state's decision which throws a huge loop in a country and its constitution.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
So these braners fans are keeping me from going to my Bama game! What any Bama fan would do!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Of course I would. News headlines have shown these protestors to not be friendly and damaging things, so if my family was involved I'd consider anyone trying to stop us a threat or potential one

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
A lot of questions on the situation:

Is this the only way to get to where I'm going?
Is the crowd violent (this crowd doesn't seem to be)?
Can the vehicle with its lights on in the background give assistance?

If the crowd is violent, and I can't get to where I'm going any other way, I'm putting my foot on the gas but still trying to avoid any direct collisions with pedestrian (they'll still put a dent in the car when I hit them).
If there's another way to get to where I'm going, I probably wouldn't have driven up to them and just gone the alternate route.
The vehicle with its light on would probably recommend that I go a different route. Once I have that route, that's where I'm heading.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
A few weekends ago we were driving from Spokane back to Missoula. There is a section of I90 through Coeur D'Alene that is 1 lane due to construction.

The smart people from Washington state and Idaho believe that when a sign says, 1 lane ahead that you get into a single lane 3 miles in advance. Naturally there are block cops who decide to block one of the lanes to prevent anyone from passing them.

I'm a believer in the zipper when merging. I'm also a believer in if the state of Idaho wanted me in a single lane 3 miles in advance of the single lane, they'd block it off. So here I am, wanting to drive down the left hand side, like everyone should be doing. But instead I have three assholes playing block cops preventing people from going past them in a completely open lane. I sat for almost 20 mins, probably moved 1/8th of a mile or so.

My lack of patience took over, I jumped around them by passing on the left hand shoulder which was super tight. Naturally I got some honks, some middle fingers, and some dumb looks. Ironically the left lane was free of cars for the next 2 miles. There really is no room in my world for stupid people.

And for the record, Washington and Idaho drivers are fucking terrible drivers. They think Texas drivers suck too I'm sure, as that's the plate I had on the vehicle at the time.

No way in hell I'm sitting on the bridge for an hour while these stupid people do stupid things. I can out stupid them... 😭

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
When the wokes tried to block a very busy Hwy 31 in Hoover by the Galleria, they were (nearly) immediately detained/arrested. Hoover people are generally more...enlightened than the rest of us...bumpkiny folks. (dial in thick accent here) If thay cain't do that shiiit in Hoover, thay shure as hail ain't blockin no damn roads elsewhere 'round here.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Its sad that anything would come to this.
If property or life is threatened ( except in st louis iguess) you have the right to defend yoursef. Period!

I often wornder .... just what do these people want?

Top Bottom