Football Say 1 Good Thing About The State of South Carolina

I don't know about "nice," but I'll repeat what the jurist James L Petigru said about his home state when it seceded in 1860: "South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum."

I will also mention, however, that my late best friend and colleague, who was also my son's godfather, was a Clemson grad and fan. His brother owned the Esso Club, for those familiar with their campus party scene.

Granson is living there....at Parris Island...becomng a US Marine....preparing for defending our country....
And Mrytle Beach...and Hobcaw Barony (clemson forestry outdoor camp..for us Foresters)....an Clemson U (forestry again)....Charleston and history...the Atlantic O..
Worse bbq ever....not the best bikini looking beach ever....
Mountains in upper west part of state....with nice rivers and great rafting...

TerryP

I play triangle in an air band.
ADMINISTRATION
It the only state that not had a TV show from it.
Not true, Rickey. Vice Principals, a HBO series, is based in Charleston and filmed at a school a few miles from me. American Gothic is set here. Trial and Error, Army Wives, and a few others. Several mini-series as well.

There are actually four different types of BBQ found in the area (including N. Carolina.) Well, five if you count the Alabama White BBQ sauce slowly making its way into the region.
Stopped trying them after the 2nd or 3 rd.....but.... living and eating in GA, Al, Tn, MS.....would be hard to judge any as very good...compared to those states bbq..

bama alum

Verified Member
HARRY'S
One good thing about South Carolina? If my wife had her druthers, she and I would be living in/near Charleston. She loves that city!

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Stopped trying them after the 2nd or 3 rd.....but.... living and eating in GA, Al, Tn, MS.....would be hard to judge any as very good...compared to those states bbq..
OH, I KNOW!!! @Bamabww sent me a four pack of sauces from N. AL a couple of years ago because of the selection available here.

to this day I don't understand how anyone can stomach the mustard based BBQ. And hell, it's not so much the taste as it is the appearance.

planomateo

'cause small minds can't see past Uranus...
ADMINISTRATION
Their is no bbq sauce worth eating other then vingar base (where ever it comes from) any ketchup base sauce ruins perfectly good bbq. Save that crap for a burger that needs a little extra.
I'd argue that bbq sauce ruins a good piece of meat, living in Texas for 15 years will change that perspective.

@TerryP check this article.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
@TerryP check this article.
15 minute walk, maybe a five minute drive from my office.

Let me tell ya, when I'm on King Street and thinking about eating the last thing I'm thinking about is BBQ.

A few swear by Scott's BBQ. Personally, it's just not the type of place that suits my fancy (though you can't beat the aroma.) It has less seating than Dreamland...maybe a 1/3rd of the size. Maybe. It's the type of place you'd find in the West Haven area of Tuscaloosa.

2.png