| FTBL Sark to Mississippi State?

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
They have been for the last two years. they got credentialed for some of the other media days earlier. It took them longer to get access to SECMD. I went this past season. I am going to try and go, probably just for one day, this year. They do not pay for our expenses, just get us access. It is not done by Reddit, as a company but by the college football subreddit. They don't make money, so cannot afford to pay our expenses. It was a cool experience but I am on a limited budget(after 25 years as a working stiff, I am now on permanent disability).

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
You know, the way Leach runs his offense hasn't changed since the late '90's. And here's something to chew on a bit. The last time Bama had to defend that approach it was done with a three man front, playing nickel. Coincidently, the same approach Saban brought to the SEC when he arrived...it just so happened that was defense that Kines was so adept at coordinating.

("Money" was in his own world with FG kicking which is quite coincidental considering ... )

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Have any Sark to Baylor rumors started yet? Baylor seems like a more natural fit for Sark than does State.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

I agree from a fitment standpoint Baylor > Miss St. I think Washington St > Baylor. (maybe)

Sark is a west coast guy. While WSU is not necessarily a powerhouse in CFB, I bet Sark could make a lot of noise up there. With Peterson stepping down and Lake taking over, how good will Washington be? This could be a prime time to take over the state. WSU is not necessarily a better job than Baylor, but for a west coast guy like Sark, it may be a better fit.

Reaction score
I will never forget the look on Mike's face after the Bama FG that won the 2005 Cotton Bowl.....he didn't believe the FG was good

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@BamaBoyJosh started this thread Tuesday posting Suttles tweet. Other than Aaron, the only other person to put anything "substantial" out there was the high school beat writer from Mississippi.

Over these last few days I've not heard one person—as in a person stating it was a real possibility, a person I'd consider noteworthy—claim or imply Sark was close to leaving.

It is true that Mississippi State offered Sark. I understand the Bulldogs money folk went back to the table to get more money for Mike. What I haven't seen mentioned is what Sark relayed to the MSU brass. I've seen an eight million dollar pool for assistants demand by Sark mentioned—a number they wouldn't, or couldn't, pay.

A random thought here ...

If Sark had left for MSU where would Alabama have turned? I found it noteworthy that Mike Groh lost his job as offensive coordinator for the Jets this week. I believe he would have been a nice fit.

Every red-blooded American male would have loved Elena Montero being back in Tuscaloosa!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
On another note ...

Since Suttles left the Tuscaloosa News we've seen a handful of instances where his sources on information on the team have been wrong. I'm beginning to come to an opinion he's starting to fall into the "click bait posse" with some of his headlines.

If he has a vested interest in The Athletic and their Alabama coverage/subscriptions ... is that a motivating factor?

Just spit-balling here ... but I have to say I've noticed a change. It seems to coincide with his rants on others getting more observation time than he was allowed when he was in town.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm noting a perceived change over the last three years. Attitude, what's often implied on multiple media outlets, and other musings such as location. Stewart Madell is beginning to reinvent himself in my view and they're of the same group.

Earlier I said "real possibility" intentionally.

Spit-balling is a term I didn't think I'd have to define?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Until Baylor and WSU hire coaches it is a risk losing Sark. I would suspect he would at least get a phone call from both.

Top Bottom