| FTBL Sark to Mississippi State?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Word has it MSU has upped the ante on Sark's first offer (which he turned down.)

I'm beginning to wonder if the Dawg fans are in for a coaching search like UT experienced before Pruitt. They've been turned down a few times already.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I've not heard a thing that even suggests he is looking to leave. Does he want to be a head coach again? I'm sure. But the question boils down to where to start another HC career run, right?

Let's face it, mando. If you're looking to win a title as a head coach you are not going to MSU. If you're looking for a job that is a stepping stone to a bigger program, MSU is that job. (Find a Bulldog fan that'll admit that and you'll find the first.)

Sark gave Saban his word on a multi-year tenure in Tuscaloosa. I've heard that UA factions went as far as to back a loan for a home purchase. But, you've hit one thing on the head in my view...pretty damn hard to turn down an offer when you see something like four million a year for four years especially if it's guaranteed. (I don't have a clue as to what MSU's new offer is, that's just hypothetical numbers in this conversation.)

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
All good choices are going to be "of interest" elsewhere. You cant just go "Oh darn, _____ wants him so we might as well just look somewhere else." With that said, hopefully none of this is necessary and Sark sticks around a few more years.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Damn the revolving door with our AC's will never end.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Let's let this one play out ... at least that is where I am when I consider the source. He may be right, but until I hear or see something from a verified, known personality?

Reactions: #80

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Shit... I was hoping we would avoid this if for no other reason than continuity sake. @TerryP IF this does happen, how far off base am I to think Brady might be a possibility?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Cohen was interviewing Leach a week ago ... to me, he seems like he's in a game of pickel.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
The beat writer wouldn't be the first to break news. That happens no matter how small the market.

If he's correct, it'll be a feather in his cap...say to the same degree Gary Parrish had Albert Means. (Well, probably not that big of a feather.)

Top Bottom