| RECRUIT Sage Ryan to Louisiana State

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I noticed that BI (Rivals) is planning on live coverage and that's not something they'll do without having a pretty good indicator of where he'll end up.

His ranking(s) are a little odd. I noticed he's listed as a 4 star with all three services (247, Rivals, and ESPN) but 247's composite has him as a 5 star. I can't recall seeing that before.

12 CT today.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
With that dumpster fire in Baton Rouge and Saban putting kids in the show left, right and up the middle, where would you go?

Reaction score
I think he will select LSU today but Bama will continue to recruit the guy until he signs.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Good luck Sage. May God bless you. Sounds like a fine young man.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Crystal balls ain’t always right. Would have been nice to land this young man.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Whaaaaat?! I'm kind of shocked. This is the first recruit in a hell of a long time that has been posted on the forum and went elsewhere 😂

That's OK. All is well that ends well... He can still come be @ Bama

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
What's different in all these threads? :devilish: Ya know, aside from the fact we didn't have any posts here saying "he's headed to Tuscaloosa," just notes from other sites. Don't get me wrong; there was some solid guys out there saying he was Bama bound. Personally, last week I didn't hear anything that led me to believe it was the case. A possibility, but nothing I felt solid enough about to post his bio and highlights for reference sake.

He'd have been a nice steal from LA but there's a reason he hasn't been on the 'radar;' he was merely a blip.

1.jpg

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Believe me, TP.... I'm not complaining. Just thought the mojo of a thread was worth the commitment!

Reminds me of back in the day when the kids from Louisiana always had crazy recruitments. The class of Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones, and Cam Sims was like a roller coaster!

Before him it was Eddie Lacy and Bradly Sylve who "broke the mold" and headed across the border. Looking back, Lacy made a great leap of faith with Trent already in the class. TBH both of their HS highlights were like top 10 of the most impressive I'd ever seen back in the day! Trent was more obvious, but EL360 was down for the process and a tough kid... Tough runner... Great story!

I can't remember if LSU made a big push for Kenny Bell or not... And last but not least - LANDON COLLINS! Dude had to buck his mom for Saban! LOL. Denzell Devall and Tim Williams were also LA steals... Although if I remember correctly, LSU didn't see it in Williams the way we did, despite him literally playing HS ball on their campus! Which ironically is the same HS and position as the current Chris Allen, another good pickup.
One thing is for sure though - The current recruits & stories aren't near as crazy as they were back in those days! That was a great time to follow recruiting! RTR

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
As cheesy as this is going to read, "it's the C-19/2020 class." There are more than a handful of teams who are in unfamiliar positions in the rankings based on the last few years. A few of our "conference brethren" are feeling the side effects of limited visits (as in the pay to visit options are severely limited.)

Landon would have "trended" if Sage would have pulled the trigger for Bama. I suspect it would have been to a larger degree (media coverage) due to Faulk, et. al.

FWIW, right now we're looking at a class that has 22 committed. There's a possibility of one flip, the talk of a grey shirt, and the number four (spots open) floating around. Of the five or six guys we've casually discussed if Bama lands a few of them it's going to be one hell of a class: a really good one as it is.

Top Bottom