| FTBL Saban: "To all you offensive coaches, I wish I could look at you when I say this. You're all part of the Taliban."

bamanc50

Sideline Club
This was a total joke. Coach was laughing all the way through this especially talking about sitting in church and his leg shaking trying to figure out what they were going to do next. Lane should take that as a compliment whether than a criticism.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
I take this as "Lane being Lane" and just keeping it light. Not criticizing CNS or anything. If any of you follow Kiffin on Twitter, he is always joking around. He is the "Anti-Saban". He never takes things to seriously and he likes to have fun. I think that if anyone could see that CNS was "joking" that it would be Kiffin.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I take this as "Lane being Lane" and just keeping it light. Not criticizing CNS or anything. If any of you follow Kiffin on Twitter, he is always joking around. He is the "Anti-Saban". He never takes things to seriously and he likes to have fun. I think that if anyone could see that CNS was "joking" that it would be Kiffin.
Some wanted Leach in the conference for the same antics.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Some wanted Leach in the conference for the same antics.
When I was coaching, I couldn't always be the angry, pissed off coach. I had to lighten the mood. It made for some interesting moments for sure, but I think the others on staff appreciated it. There is enough stress in winning and losing, especially the losing. If you don't relax a little, you'll have a stroke!!
Quick story! When I was at Fultondale HS, we played UMS Wright in the playoffs at their place. They had the old style headsets for both sidelines, plug in 100 feet of cord for each headset. They offered them to us, since the visitors side had their own pressbox. UMS was #1 in the state and we weren't worth a shit and we were going to get killed and knew it. So, I'm on one headset on the field and talking with our guy upstairs before kickoff, when our idiot HC gets on another sets and starts screaming. Well, being the smartass I am, I replied back, "Hey! We aren't deaf! You don't have to yell!" His response was to immediately start cussing and ask who it was. I told him to step onto the playing field and look to his left. When he did, I popped off the sideline with my headset on and started waving to him like I was Goober off of the Andy Griffith Show! :ROFLMAO: He got pissed and threw the headset off and didn't put them on the rest of the night!! Coach in the box said that I was crazy and that I would likely get fired! My response was, "well, at least he isn't on here anymore!" We lost by 21 that night to the eventual state champs in 3A that year. We fought hard and even took the lead early, but their 95 man roster overran our 27 to begin the 2nd half. HC told me after the game that I was a damn nut. I agreed and told him that if he didn't lighten up, he would die on the field one day.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club

100% agree. He had a unique relationship with Saban, and he has always been a kidder when it comes to social media and what I would imagine is the same in person. I think he's the lighter side of what Saban was, and what Saban is starting to become more like with a little more of a tighter tongue.