| FTBL Saban is getting pretty good at the "throwing shade" game.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
He didn't throw shade. His complete comment was, “Scott Cochran did a really good job for us but this whole culture of sports science has changed the whole conditioning of athletes and development of athletes and they are so much more scientific now.”

Saban said they’ve had fewer soft tissue injuries this year, “knock on wood,” he added.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
BUT...…….... Didn't Saban try and get Cochran to change his philosophy or approach due to some NFL feedback? That could've been when he began to "show more interest" in an on field coaching position. You know, "He got his panties in a twist!" :ROFLMAO:

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Do you really think that Cochran pushed back on what Saban wanted? Would you tell him, "No?"

IMO, that story has been twisted. I'm sure Cochran wanted to be an on-field coach. I'm sure that Saban didn't have an on-field position (for somebody with zero experience) to put Cochran into. Between having no experience, a need to change training philosophies and Kirby having the ability to "steal" an Alabama advantage, it was decided to move on.

Reaction score
JMO but Nick was just making a statement about the facts and nothing more. Best of luck to Scott in the years ahead.

Oldie but a Goldie

In warm-ups before a midweek practice, the fiery Cochran was captured by an Alabama video crew telling the team what he thought about Bulldogs’ move.

“They’ll be wearing black because they’re coming to their own (expletive) funeral,” Cochran said.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I know Cochran pushed back on the changes Saban wanted. It can't be categorized as CSC saying, "no." It certainly can be described as two people who had different ideas and approaches on how the S&C department should operate.

This "defense" of CSC reminds me, a bit, at those who were staunch in defending Kirby refusing to believe, or accept, the crap he'd been up to before leaving (and since.) Both had grown bigger than the program in their mind(s.)

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The thing that does not add up to me is that if Smart did things on his way out and now at Georgia wouldn't he have also done some of this at Bama? Hard for me to think that he just all of sudden changed. Maybe Saban kept him in check some but not likely completely.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Kirby is in a sweet spot with GA. His new QB will be the talk for the rest of the year. Covid gets him a pass. He probably will hire Bobo and make other changes that gives GA fandom oxygen for the next year. He is a homeboy and that counts.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Smart definitely bought himself some time not that I think he was in danger of being let go it is more of the off season feel goods for the fans. Forget that he has not explained (that I have heard) why it is just now that Daniels is playing AND the offense only ran for 8 yards AND they gave up 24 points to a very depleted MSU program.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Was thinking the same. Daniels looked good, the deep ball was there, yet they only won by seven points against a two win team. Stats have shown Richt performed better at this juncture and he really did get Georgia back to the top of the SEC. They love acting like Kirby has brought them to national prominence over regional like Richt, but it's also a different world with the Playoff over BCS. Playoff format gets Richt it once or twice if I recall those years. I think Richt did a better job because he took over an ~8 win team and turned them into a ~10 win team. Kirby has done not much with so much. The facilities have expanded during Kirby and he still can't get over the hump.

Like you said, he'll get five more years before people really start talking. Grumblings now, but hot seat chatter will be a few years away. They love him for the reasons you expressed, he's a homeboy. He did well though, making millions and millions to offer a product they already had. Now that's a good businessman.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I bet he ( Cochran ) will not destroy that second place trophy that UGA has! I bet when he was hired UGA put a 24/7 guard on it!!:ROFLMAO:

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Cochran’s approach apparently doesn’t enhance certain aspects that may be needed in today’s type of game. In the system at UGA it would fit because they are still trying to be what we were before the offensive explosion.

Just a thought not stated as fact.

Besides, not the same type comparison that you made. We have been moving this way so DL coaches gotta be fine tuned.

Top Bottom