| OT Ruggs bought himself some new wheels...nice Vette! Not a fan of the paint job, but.

SoCalPatrick

Sideline Club
Reaction score

Las Vegas Raiders, Henry Ruggs III’s, Chevy Corvette C8 Stingray By: Dreamworks Motorsports – featuring a custom set of staggered 20” and 21” custom painted Forgiato wheels on Michelin tires, kandy painted brakes and emblems, K40 radar detector with laser diffusers, LED lights in Exterior/Interior & Engine compartment,Smoothed and kandy engine cover, Custom “Uncommon” Door logos, custom painted black accents, Crimson Tide leather and suede interior, Suntek Films window tint.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Thing looks like more of a McLaren than a Vette anymore. Still a great looking car.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hell, I just wanted to see the Crimson Tide leather.

I've never been a Vette guy, but the new ones sure are nice. Always enjoy seeing what people come up with.

If I were to buy a car, it would be a '64 Goat with 3 dueces, a newer GTR, or a early 90s Z twin turbo.

Reaction score
I always wanted a Corvette and finally at 27 I bought my 1st. I took Daddy for a ride on the interstate leaving Montgomery headed to Prattville. He looked at me and said...Boy, I rather have a good mule and a wagon. You got two seats of misery but you're looking good. I bought a 79 and then my last was the 81. I enjoyed them all but the 81 the most. It was Crimson with the same color interior.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
My dad has an '80 model, red with Crimson Red interior. He bought it a few years ago off of a retired Air Force officer, who had gotten fed up with fixing it up. Dad got it real cheap and carried it to his mechanic, who replaced the fuel pump and filter. She purrs like a kitten and runs like a scalded dog now!!!!!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
3LT trim is a 72k bite.
The exterior, body only excluding graphics, has to be 35-40k.

That's every bit of 155k.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I had Ogletree in Oak Grove pull my TH350 3spd auto from my '77 and replace it with a 700r (a basic 80's model with overdrive). It made a huge difference in highway rpms and helped gas mileage. He also replaced all five universal joints on it, too. The inboard ones are a bear. No one is better with older transmissions than Chris - or replacing newer ones as well. He also did the TH350/700r exchange for me on the 72 Chevy pickup I had, and he rebuilt and put back my AT on my '65 mustang, too. Honest as the day is long.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I think the black accents were on the rear brake cooler scoops. Regardless, it's unique and pretty neat looking. I think I still prefer the C7's to them, but every generation usually has to grow on me - except the C6's. I thought they were beautiful at first sight, and probably the biggest performance pick up except for the C3-4 transition. The Corvette chassis and suspension changed very, very little from 63-82.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I wonder, is the Crimson Tide leather Corinthian leather?

A nod to the legacy Chrysler’s and Ricardo Montalbán

Top Bottom