| RECRUIT "ROLL WITH US OR GET ROLLED OVER" -- Jacorey Brooks to Bama

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Not here.

Conjecture? Yes. Missing perspective? Again, yes.

If you look back over Tennessee's recruiting classes over the last few years there is no difference in the quality of players in this class versus former classes. The only difference is the numbers they have today. With nothing set in stone, it means nothing right now especially considering it's May.

Quality. Look at the Composite rankings, specifically the per-player average ranking. They are maintaining their status quo.

Now, there are some solid players in this group but it's no where near kicking ass; anyone's ass. Hell, I saw several freaking out about Dylan Brooks committing to UT. "How did Saban let him get out of state?" Auburn lost that one considering his family history is all Auburn. So far they have a 4 ⭐ in Jordan Mosley committed. Good receiver, ranked 244th in the country.

If I may remind you ... this thread about Jacorey? 37th player nationally, considered the 3rd best receiver in this class (Mosley is 9th.)

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
He's pretty much saying quality over quantity (from what I can gather) but its not like Tennessee is out here plucking 1 star nobodies either and it is really beyond silly to ignore that by this time during the year Saban usually has 15 or so guys on board (which is pretty much all Im saying).

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I almost pity UT for having all those commitments... It's more work holding onto them than actually chasing them. And once visits are allowed again... Whoah Nelly. Herding cats!

I was ribbing @TerryP a little, simply because the current rankings don't mean much. But he's right in regards to UT generally having this same type of class over the years... They seem to pull a couple studs each class, but not that big bang that Ole Miss paid for... Err... found a way to sign under Freeze.

For years we've all heard about the "Bama Bump". I think we'd all agree that CNS just simply knows potential talent better than the recruiting analysts, and that comes to fruition over their Senior season. But I also think for all the sh*t those guys catch for getting stuff wrong, they do get quite a bit right... So I do pay attention and give some credence to those rankings, more so as they evolve later in the process. Opinion only - But I think Coach Pruitt might have a knack for talent evaluation... So it would not surprise me to see a lot of his recruits get a "Vol Bump" if they indeed get to play their senior year.

tider79

Registered
Reaction score
Catching a top 3 class is nice but definitely does not guarantee a 10 win season. You have to get 2 to 3 of those strung together to be successful. UGA was hot in recruiting but is cooling somewhat, obviously Saban is the standard when it comes to recruiting. Consistency is key.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
i want Tennessee better. Like @50+yeartidefan said, Georgia has had a cake walk in the East. They still can't beat the best in the West, but they are assured a conference title shot with no competition. I want to see how good Kirby is when he's facing three or four ten win teams a year.

I feel the same way about Oklahoma, Oregon, and Clemson. They all are in down conferences and slide right through the season.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Probably better than Kirby but at least on par with him. Development?

FWIW, we'll see a few pull the trigger over the next couple of days. I'll be surprised if we don't hear from a safety this week, Williams.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
i don't care about stars...i only care about Coach Saban and his recruiting prowess.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Way too early to be singing any praises toward Pruitt and the Viles and think Saban is dragging his feet.
Viles per player average is 89.73 with 21 commits, 2 -5* and 7 - 4*.
BAMA per player average is 94.15 with 4 commits, 3 of which are 4*.
Covid-19 postponed A LOT of visits and BAMA had many planned to come in. BAMA looks to land 4* , #141 overall player Kaine Williams out of “The Boot” tomorrow.

Top Bottom