| FTBL Rick Karle: Best quote of the football weekend goes to ex-Bama star Jalen Hurts

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

It around the 6:15 mark when he said it.

I’ve looked over the top quotes of the weekend and Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts gets my vote as the best.

Asked about the prospects of playing in a huge game such as the Red River Rivalry next weekend, when his Sooners will face the Texas Longhorns, Hurts responded, “I played in the Iron Bowl … I think I’ll be alright.”

I know that he has moved on to OU from Tuscaloosa, but I still love this #BuiltByBama guy.

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Jalen - 1
OK sportswriter - 0

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The OU people are getting an education. Jalen has played in huge games so this is not a big deal to him. Personally wish he would have referred to NC games as why he will be ok instead of the cow college. When I hear this stuff it just props the barn up well beyond who they really are.

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
The OU people are getting an education. Jalen has played in huge games so this is not a big deal to him. Personally wish he would have referred to NC games as why he will be ok instead of the cow college. When I hear this stuff it just props the barn up well beyond who they really are.
kinda disagree with you there Mando...I think this Texas kid came into UA a few years ago and understood the importance / significance of the IB to the state. He’s just paying respect

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
kinda disagree with you there Mando...I think this Texas kid came into UA a few years ago and understood the importance / significance of the IB to the state. He’s just paying respect
I am sure that's what Jalen was doing so I was not questioning that. However, I personally would lose no sleep if we never played the barn again. When we play them I do not see what Bama gets out of it. Bama usually has a lot to lose. The barn on the other hand gets to act like they belong in the same league as Bama and as I said it props their program up. From my perspective they are not and never will be but I have a lot more history than Jalen that influences/skews my views:)... Maybe I am in the minority with this position.

Sorry to get the thread sidetracked.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Dumb question, but it created this soundbite.

Honestly, is Texas vs Oklahoma a big game? Texas hasn't won the Big XII since 2009. Ironically, Texas has only won it 3 times since 1996, Oklahoma has won in 12 times.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Dumb question, but it created this soundbite.

Honestly, is Texas vs Oklahoma a big game? Texas hasn't won the Big XII since 2009. Ironically, Texas has only won it 3 times since 1996, Oklahoma has won in 12 times.
Kinda same as bama and lsu

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'd need to go back and look at where Texas was in the conference rankings to see how this game had an impact.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Jalen needs to point out ALL the big games he has played in. He will be fine... Texas is being Texas, full of themselves to the core. Contrary to popular opinion everything is not bigger in Texas.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I know you guys are at least trying to be positive about Jalen and I do appreciate what he did accomplish while at Bama but he’s no longer at Bama,
Sooo, him and Oklahoma can piss off!

Century Club
Reaction score
TX has not been relevant since we ran over them like a Mack Truck in the NCG.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I know you guys are at least trying to be positive about Jalen and I do appreciate what he did accomplish while at Bama but he’s no longer at Bama,
Sooo, him and Oklahoma can piss off!
I have nothing but respect for Jalen. Only time I'll root against him is if Oklahoma plays Alabama.

In my opinion, he's earned this.

Top Bottom