| MBB/WBB Reports have Cleveland snagging Michigan's coach ... John Beilein reportedly agreeing for five year deal for the NBA franchise.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's a loss that will be very difficult to replace. Hell of a coach.

Century Club
Reaction score
He would have been one of the last coach's I would expect to go pro must have been all about the Benjamin's.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
He would have been one of the last coach's I would expect to go pro must have been all about the Benjamin's.
Aside from an occasional story I normally just follow the headlines and box scores when it comes to the NBA. So, I may be wrong here...

I seem to recall he interviewed with Detroit last year and eventually returned to UM (with a raise.) To me, it gives credence to a money grab as well as wanting to move on.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Happy for Colin Sexton
While I was out biking this morning I heard a comment on SportsCenter All-Night about the draft lottery (tonight, I believe?) There was mention of Cleveland having a shot which would also mean, if they win the lottery, Zion could/should be joining Colin.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
While I was out biking this morning I heard a comment on SportsCenter All-Night about the draft lottery (tonight, I believe?) There was mention of Cleveland having a shot which would also mean, if they win the lottery, Zion could/should be joining Colin.
Will Zion be the new Micheal J ( or Labron) ?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Beilein is a very good offensive coach. He did a fine job at WVU and UM.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
I couldn't venture a guess. And, won't know until someone makes the comparison.
I haven't seen a game he was in and only high lites on sports center. ( dont watch much round ball) Seems he is sensationalized with such comparisons. I guess time will tell if one really cared.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I haven't seen a game he was in and only high lites on sports center. ( dont watch much round ball) Seems he is sensationalized with such comparisons. I guess time will tell if one really cared.
I will say this. His athleticism of off the charts compared to any player I've seen in the last decade (if not longer.) I suspect he'll transition well to the NBA...to the point any Palestinian that likes watching the NBA will tune out.

Top Bottom