| FTBL RB K Robinson enters portal [Update: He chose Texas]

TerryP

Ivory Club
As much as I hate it, let's face it. His snaps were probably going to both McClellan and Williams anyway.
They've been seeing how he could fill two roles like we've seen in a few other positions; here it's slot and running back. It takes reps to excel at one position, much less two: keeping in shape over a year doesn't equate to football shape.

He sits out a year. People are moving past him on the depth chart. Why? Would reps have anything to do with it?

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
I saw at least 1 RB transferring... Didn't think it would be him. But I understand why

He leaves and another 5 star is coming in. Shouldn't impact us, just sucks that we never got to see him close to his potential... And likely someone else will

RTR

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
I wish him well in his move to another school. Players transfer for a variety of reasons and at Bama, almost all leave, IMO, for more playing time somewhere else. With the elite recruiting that Bama has had over the years, the log jam at the top of the depth chart at all positions is hard to reach.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
They've been seeing how he could fill two roles like we've seen in a few other positions; here it's slot and running back. It takes reps to excel at one position, much less two: keeping in shape over a year doesn't equate to football shape.

He sits out a year. People are moving past him on the depth chart. Why? Would reps have anything to do with it?

Good luck to K-Rob. I understand he's contacted a few schools including Auburn. He finds himself in the situation he is today-in Bama terms-due to the decisions he's made.

Did we ever find out if he got a ring? Was curious if anyone knew how that played out.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
I saw at least 1 RB transferring... Didn't think it would be him. But I understand why

He leaves and another 5 star is coming in. Shouldn't impact us, just sucks that we never got to see him close to his potential... And likely someone else will

RTR
I remember back in 2013, everyone was envious of Bama’s stable of RB’s. They had Dee Hart, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry, T J Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, Tyren Jones, Altee Tenpenny ... oh and Jalston Fowler at FB! Did I leave anyone out? Then when the transfers combined with a slew of injuries, all of the sudden Bama’s depth at RB went away. So, I pray you’re correct and it won’t impact the Tide. I mean surely lightening won’t strike twice ... right?

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
I remember back in 2013, everyone was envious of Bama’s stable of RB’s. They had Dee Hart, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry, T J Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, Tyren Jones, Altee Tenpenny ... oh and Jalston Fowler at FB! Did I leave anyone out? Then when the transfers combined with a slew of injuries, all of the sudden Bama’s depth at RB went away. So, I pray you’re correct and it won’t impact the Tide. I mean surely lightening won’t strike twice ... right?

Talent wise there won't be any issues. In fact, I'd still expect to lose 1 more. We don't even know what the kid from Texas is bringing yet, and there are 3 really good ones already in the mix... With Trey Sanders as a wildcard. Pretty crazy

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club

Didn't Roydell Williams transfer as well? So we have Brian Robinson, Jase McClellan, Trey Sanders, and Camar Wheaton if my memory serves me right. We just have to hope Brian Robinson can carry the load and that Trey Sanders can stay healthy. if not, a lot will be put on McClellan and a True Freshman.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Didn't Roydell Williams transfer as well? So we have Brian Robinson, Jase McClellan, Trey Sanders, and Camar Wheaton if my memory serves me right. We just have to hope Brian Robinson can carry the load and that Trey Sanders can stay healthy. if not, a lot will be put on McClellan and a True Freshman.
No on Roydell

Bama has good RB committed for this upcoming class as well.

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
I remain steadfast in my belief of our S&C program over where it was under Scott. Different techniques yielding superior measurable results increasing throughout an undefeated championship run one time is however a very limited sample. 🤪

Davestwin

Sideline Club
Talent wise there won't be any issues. In fact, I'd still expect to lose 1 more. We don't even know what the kid from Texas is bringing yet, and there are 3 really good ones already in the mix... With Trey Sanders as a wildcard. Pretty crazy
Once again, I agree with you on talent ... the Tide’s loaded at that position group. My point was Bama had, at least on paper, as much or more talent in 2013. If you’re right and one more RB transfers and then two guys get hurt again then depth will become an issue. That’s all I was saying ... that and a hope that 2013 doesn’t happen again!