| FTBL RB depth chart for 2020

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I had the same question. No doubt Sanders in high school showed enough potential to sign with Bama and reports before the injury were positive. I absolutely believe he will contribute but Najee coming back, he will be the man. He has shown he can do it over three years and especially this year.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I trust from what people close to program have said about him and our ability to develop rbs. Game breaking ability.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Bro, you said that he will "rise to the top" even ahead of Najee and was a "special player" based on what people on message boards said about how he looked... in practice? Come on man. I dont know anyone that doesn't think Sanders has loads of potential but making assertions like that without ever actually seeing him play is pretty far-fetched IMO.

Reaction score
All our backups are going to be All-American's.....you just wait

I guess you need to be positive but I don't like to try to fool myself. Alabama has some talent but they also are going to need some freshmen not only to step up and play but to play really well in 2020. It is one thing when a freshmen takes a spot but another when a freshmen has to start due to injury.

I read on another site that the grad transfer TE from FSU is trending to Kirby.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
First of all I never said he'd "pass" najee. Second , if the coaches believe in him and believed he was gonna make an impact before his injury then who am I to question. It amazes me when some armchair fans think they know more than our staff.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I should have been more clear and said Sanders will eventually rise to the top once Najee is gone. My mistake

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
So is Najee staying or going? LOL

And in regards to Trey Sanders... He could very well be more talented and potentially a better back than Najee. There's a reason his NFL feedback isn't through the roof. But the way he finished the season it would be hard to see a 1st year guy supplanting him as "the man". Plus we've seen in years past that the more talented guy doesn't always get the nod (Josh Jacobs)... The good vet is a good bet.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I have zero connections, but according to internet banter, Sanders was showing out last fall before his injury. Supposedly he was running better than Najee was during fall camp. Like I said, I have read that on several boards, but it's the internet, so you know it's true. ;)

Either way, if Sanders lives up to the hype, we will have one hell of a 1-2 punch regardless of who is 1 or 2.

AFF

Century Club
Reaction score
...he has until the 20th to decide - but as of now it looks like he's back in Tuscaloosa.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Dude what the hell are you talking about? Who here has argued they know more than the staff? Coaches pointing to Sanders as someone they thought could contribute this year is a far cry from what you asserted.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
If a rb is good enough to contribute his first year then it's safe to "assert" he can pick up a blitz, and that's kept a few good rbs off the field their first year. I'm not getting bent out of shape about it, I only said trey is talented and I believe he ll live up to the hype. Much like Bryce young he played top competition in high school and we have a pretty decent track record of developing rbs so I'm gonna stand by my opinion and clam up.

Reaction score
Bama should be good to go at the RB slot in 2020 if the injury bug can be avoided. I want to see what the kid from Hueytown can do. Those 4 games that players can play in and still retain that redshirt could proved interesting in 2020 and not just for RB's. That is a good rule. You have to draw a circle around a player that doesn't get into at least one game unless they have an injury.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
There's too many good backs.

Najee
Brian Rob
Keilan Rob
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Kyle Edwards

McClellan is an incredible natural runner and can hit more big plays, which was severely lack last year from Najee and BRob. Keilan Robinson can hit the big play but needs to be able to contribute on regular downs and not in blowouts. Roydell looks like he has great potential in the mold of a true all around back like Trey Sanders and Jase McClellan - 210 lb backs who can break off 40+ yard runs

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we are just going to find out he isn't going to the draft when he doesn't announce anything by next Monday night. Najee seems more and more to be one who doesn't announce things he doesn't need to announce. Staying is not something he has to say publicly, only to the coaches, just not say he is going by the deadline and he stays.

Top Bottom