| FTBL RB depth chart for 2020

jdpas29

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Some of the names on the roster I don't recognize and maybe I'm missing some that have been expected to compete. But from what I have seen already I would expect Brian Robinson to start or co-start with Trey Sanders. Keilan Robinson as a 3rd down back and hopefully on the field more than that as a slot or something. he is a dynamic player and should see the ball more IMO.

any I'm missing that are already on the roster? new entrants in 2020 that you think will get game snaps?

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Najee still hasn't announced what he's doing so I'm not 100% ready to say he's gone. IF he is I would say that Trey Sanders and Brian Robinson would be 1A and 1B but I would not overlook Keilan Robinson (who I really, really wanna see get more touches) or the Jace McClellan kid (screams Kenyan Drake IMO).

jdpas29

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
just assumed Najee was gone. hmmm

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Najee coming back would be great. I think his value could go up coming back to be honest but that is pure speculation. I am sure he is getting great information to help him make an informed decision.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
@mando ....Najee coming back would be incredible....
Absolutely incredible.....
Never have enough RBs in this day..... who knows how Sanders will recover

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Najee coming back crowds the room and could be why Jerome put his name in the portal.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I really wanted to see him get some carries earlier in the game last year. Najee was so special as the season went on though... Made it tough.

A lot of people are high on J. McLellan and for good reason... but Roydell Williams is special also. He's just slippery. Runs with strength & speed.

If Najee comes back, that RB room is going to be something else. I was worried about that last season... @TerryP tried to tell me too chill... He was right. Even without Najee you'd expect at least 2 of these young guys to be special, and that's after Robinson who's proven to be solid.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Heck, what about the kid from Destrean? John Emery's backup that they say is actually more talented. Big ole boy if I remember correctly. Like you said, very full room, but from experience when we signed four of the top five backs in that one class with Henry, Drake, Kamara, and Jones. Hopefully coaches figure it all out.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Personally I don't see him in the same class as the other dudes... Just runs kind of stiff without much wiggle. Yes he should be a powerful dude though and clearly is talented. I just can't see him beating the others out.

I was thinking about that class the other day. 4 guys that were top 100, weren't they? How Saban pulled that off I will never know. What ever happened to Tyren Jones? The other 3 turned out decent... :D

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
As I recall he 'studied' himself right out of SEC eligibility.

I remember he was supposed to sign with UofSC after his stint at Hutchinson but that NSD signing was delayed because he hadn't graduated JUCO. If the SEC rules are still set the way they used to be a player isn't eligible for SEC (from JUCO) unless he's graduated.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That would have to be after the February signing day where he was supposed to head to Columbia. I'd have to look but I'm pretty sure he was trying to come out of JUCO in '16.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Would be nice if najee comes back, still expect Sanders to rise to the top. Special player.

Top Bottom